|ROOKIE 6 & 7 year olds Information|
|ROOKIE Director: Jay Spooner 595-6468 firstname.lastname@example.org
Dear Rookie Parents,
Welcome to the 2013 season of Hudson Youth Baseball.
Hudson Rookie Division is designed for children aged 6 & 7 years old to develop skills and is not about winning. No scores or standings will be kept. Our goals in Rookie are to:
• Have fun
• Learn the fundamentals of baseball
• Learn good sportsmanship
• Develop and improve skills
• Learn to play as a team
• Build player confidence
The purpose of the Rookie Division is to reinforce the skills learned in T-ball and to begin to introduce new skills to the players. It is the stepping stone between beginning to learn to play
organized games and the advanced leagues. It is my goal that we as managers and coaches develop players that have a good understanding of the game of baseball and a strong desire to play in the future. To accomplish this we will have well structured and organized practices; are prepared for the players during games; challenge the players to develop their skills; and we encourage them to stay interested, safe, work hard and to have fun.
• Saturday April 6, Field Clean-up Day. Meet at HO Smith Field at 8am.
• Our first games will begin on Saturday April 20th.
• Picture day is Saturday May 4th.
• Our last games will be played on Saturday June 16th.
• HYB Night at Fisher Cat Stadium is on Saturday June 1st.
Please visit www.hudsonyouthbaseball.com frequently for other important dates and information during the season.
The head coach will provide you with specific team information via email or phone. Please communicate a change of email address or phone number to the head coach; their email addresses are on the web site.
Time commitment for Rookie is a 90-minute practice one evening per week and a 2-hour game every Saturday. All games are played at HO Smith Field. Practices will take place at either HO Smith or Nottingham West Field. There WILL be games played over Memorial Day weekend.
The following are the regulations to be adhered to throughout the season:
1. Players should arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the start of their practice/game.
2. For the protection and safety of each player, at least one parent or guardian should be present during practices and games.
1. All players should wear a protective cup and supporter to all practices and games.
2. All players are expected to have their own gloves. Players can wear cleats or sneakers and baseball pants or sweatpants.
3. HYB will issue a game shirt and a hat to each player.
4. HYB will provide each team with bats and helmets.
5. All personal equipment should be marked to identify the owner. Coaches will turn in any personal equipment left at the fields to the Nottingham West Field concession stand.
1. Communicate any medical or safety issue to the head coach immediately.
2. Coaches are not permitted to perform routine medical testing or dispense medication to any player. Only a parent or guardian may perform these duties.
3. Please be sure the head coach is aware of any physical handicap or learning disability your child may have prior to the first practice. This information will be held in strict confidence.
It is highly recommended your child bring a bottle of water or Gatorade to every practice and game. It is very important players maintain proper hydration at all times, especially on hot, sunny days. There is no concession stand at HO Smith and it will not be open during practices at Nottingham.
Unsportsmanlike conduct and disrespectful acts such as bullying, threatening, fighting, teasing, swearing, etc. will not be tolerated. If a player engages in such behavior then he or she may be subject to suspension or expulsion from the league.
1. Parents are encouraged to assist in practices and games (please contact your head coach regarding your interest).
2. Please be respectful to all coaches, players and other parents. It is important that we as adults set a good example of appropriate behavior for our children.
NOTE: HYB has a ZERO TOLERANCE for parent conduct.
Please contact me with any questions.
Enjoy the 2013 season.
Hudson Youth Baseball
||Hudson Youth Baseball