Sunday, July 29 (#1 Vs. #4), #1 seed needs to win one game to advance to Championship. #4 seed needs to win 2 games to advance to Championship.
Game #1: Sunday, July 29 #1 Home team. #1 seed has option to host game. (9) Innings
Game #2: Sunday, August 5 #1 Home team. #1 seed has option to host game. (9) Innings
(#3 Vs. #4) Best of 3 Series
Game #1: Sunday, July 29. #3 Seed Home Team. Game is played @ #4 Field. (9) Inning Game
Game #2: Sunday, August 5. # 4 Team is HOME team. Game is hosted by #3 team. (9) Inning
Game #3 (if necessary): Sunday, August 5 #3 Home team. #3 to host game. (7) Innings
• Umpires are paid by SJMSBL
• 2 division Winners of Championships receives $500 Credit towards 2019 Spring/Summer Season
• If both Series Sweep in semi’s Championship starts Sunday, August 5. If not below schedule stands
- Sunday, Aug. 12 ONE (9) Inning Game Semi Winner Vs. Semi Winner. Stronger seed Hosts game and is HOME team
- Sunday, Aug 19 ONE (9) Inning Game Semi Winner Vs. Semi Winner. Weaker seed Hosts game and is HOME team
- Sunday, August 26 ONE (9) Inning Game Semi Winner Vs. Semi Winner. Stronger seed Hosts game and is HOME team
Managers understand, in the spirit of ending playoffs before Labor Day the SJMSBL can change the Playoff Structure to Play a Double Header Playoff Sunday format. 3rd game or second game of Doubleheader would be 7 Innings.
• Changes will be made in the event of “Acts of God” (rain, weather, etc.)
• Please note: “Act of God” definition does not equate to “Not having enough Players.”
45+ League Standings
Shall be determined by A POINT SYSTEM
- 3 points for a Win
- 2 points for a Tie
- 1 point for a loss
- 0 Points for a loss by forfeit
- Players on team who created forfeit do NOT get credit for game played.
- All Players on team who get win from forfeited game get credit for game played.
- IMPORTANT- 0 Points by a forfeit does not calculate in our standings on-line but will be calculated at the end of the year.
- 0 Points for a game not played
Please keep in mind…. The spirit of the SJMSBL is to play Baseball. If a Team ”jobs Standings” and does not play scheduled game because
“Played game” would have no bearing in standings; Team Jobbing the League has the possibility of receiving severe Penalties. Please make every effort to play all of your scheduled games.
When two teams are tied
1. Head to Head record
2. Fewest Runs allowed in all games
3. Most Runs Scored in all games
When three or more teams are tied
1. Fewest Runs allowed in all games
2. Most Runs Scored in all games
· 9 inning game = 9-0
· 7 inning Game = 7-0