Team Assignment guidelines
The following are not rules per se, but generally accepted guidelines for assigning players to teams. These guidelines apply to all ICGS leagues.
· Coach’s daughter plays on her parent’s team.
· Assistant coach’s daughter plays on her parent’s team.
· Same-league sisters are kept together when desired.
· Every team is provided at least one intermediate or advanced pitcher, when available. If existing teams have multiple pitchers, the pitchers may be re-assigned in the draft. The pitching evaluation score should be taken into account when assigning pitchers. No team should have an inequitable composite pitching skill score for the team’s pitchers.
· Players return to the same team their second year in the league. While the group of second year players can often stay together, they can also be re-assigned in small groups to a different coach at the discretion of the commissioners. If circumstances dictate that this group be split up (e.g. their composite skill score is astronomical), care will be taken to ensure that players are re-assigned in groups no smaller than two or three to provide some continuity for those players.