This spring, HTLL baseball players who are age 11 or 12 as of 4/30/2013 will be placed in the new Intermediate (50/70) division. Here are some of the key facts about this division....
- Pitching distance will be 50 feet; base paths will be 70 feet...i.e. 50/70.
- Base runners may take leads as in "real" baseball.
- Bat rules: It shall not be more than 34 inches in length; nor more than 2-5/8 inches in diameter, and if wood, not less than fifteen-sixteenths (15/16) inches in diameter (7/8 inch for bats less than 30”) at its smallest part. All composite barrel bats shall meet the Batted Ball Coefficient of Restitution (BBCOR) performance standard, and such bats shall be so labeled with a silkscreen or other permanent certification mark. The certification mark shall be rectangular, a minimum of a half-inch on each side and located on the barrel of the bat in any contrasting color. While 2-5/8 bats are allowed at this new division, the 2-1/4 bats may still be used. All bats need to be 2-5/8 inches in diameter or less.
- We will no longer be chartering a Majors (46/60) division for 11 and 12 year old baseball.
- The Intermediate division will serve as a transition from the 46/60 field size, played on at ages 10 and under, to the full sized 60/90 field size, played on at ages 13 and up.
- Little League rules do not allow 10 year olds to participate in the Intermediate division. Therefore, all 10 year olds will be placed in the Minors division. Little League does not allow us any flexibility to make exceptions to this rule, so please do not register your 10 year old with the idea of playing 50/70.
- Softball is not effected in any way by this new division. All divisional age breakdowns in softball will remain as they were last season.
Please direct all questions regarding the Intermediate division to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org