Because the key to success on the basketball court goes beyond simple X’s and O’s, chest passes and boxing out. Today’s game is quicker, faster and more explosive. Success today depends as much on athletic skill as it does on traditional fundamentals.
Honestly, if you want to win games you have to evolve with the times. This means showing your players how to quickly get into the positions that result in scoring points or preventing points from being scored. Most importantly, these skills must be as natural to your players as taking a lay up.
Basketball is a game of reaction and countering your opponent. Athletes with basketball skill can be successful, but athletes with a high basketball IQ, skill and great footwork speed are going to win every time.
Therefore, you need a resource that will develop every athlete. And unlike any other programs on training for basketball, Universal Sports Group (‘USG”) will develop your players and teach them true fundamental skills such as:
1) How to handle a pump fake on a close out, then defend the penetration move.
2) How to blanket a ball handler on the drive and pull back move.
3) The absolute best way to defend a fast breaking point guard in a one-on-one setting.
4) Why the ‘pivot’ may be getting them beat on defense.
5) Why the ‘regular’ way of teaching defense is slowing your athletes down and taking away their ability react instinctively.