EXPECTATIONS OF THE DANCERS:
1. Perfect attempt at perfect attendance in practice.
In order to be a successful team, all dancers must be present at all practices. You are only excused with a doctor’s note, family emergency or a graded school event. Our practice takes precedence over any other activity including part time jobs, studio dance, drivers education, doctor and dentist appointments, and other school activities. In order to perform at a game, you must be present at the 2 practices prior. You must be in school the day of the game in order to perform. You must attend the two complete weeks of practice prior to the competition in order to participate in the competition.
Pre-season June/July/August: You may not miss more than 2 summer practices in June/July/August. The coach may pull you from the camp home routine or the first football half-time performance should you miss more than 2 summer practices.
Team members are to provide schedule conflicts in writing to the manager and coach by September, or two weeks prior to the scheduled date. (This means studio conflicts, school events, dance competitions, etc.)
2. Dancers must be respectful of their coaches, their fellow dancers, teachers and adults.
All dancers should treat others with the utmost respect. There will be absolutely no foul language used at practice or at any time in uniform. Dancers will be disciplined through a demerit system if there are any infractions of the rules witnessed by an adult.
3. In order to earn a Varsity letter a WLW pom dancer must attend 95%of all performances, 95% of all practices and 100% of fundraising.
4. Dancers will take care of uniforms assigned to them. If returned in poor condition, the parent will be responsible for the replacement costs.
5. Keep grades in good standing according to the student -athlete handbook for Walled Lake Consolidated schools.
6. GAME DAY/PERFORMANCES: Dancers will be benched from a performance if:
a. Financial committments are not up to date
b. Dancers forget any clothing for the performance (i.e. Shoes, spanks, etc.)
c. Hair and make-up in not uniform with the team
d. Dancers do not wear assigned warm-ups in school on game day
e. Dancers are late to the performance
f. Dancers miss school on game day
g. Dancers miss 2 practices prior to game day (including excused absences)
h. Dancers mistreat coaches, teammates or others
7. Protocol for Dismissal
a. Parent/Coach/Dancer meeting to discuss issue
b. Removed from a performance
c. Dismissed from the team