WELCOME TO THE HOME OF
Conrads Youth Baseball
Last Updated: December 10, 2016
CONRAD’S YOUTH BASEBALL
PARENT/PLAYER CODE OF CONDUCT
Having fun…it’s what being a kid is all about!
Young athletes don’t play baseball to train for a career in professional sports. Children play baseball to have fun and make friends! Sometimes parents, coaches and spectators and even the players themselves don’t realize that their actions, whether verbal or nonverbal, have a long-lasting emotional effect on children.
1. I will not force my child/myself to participate in sports.
2. I will remember that we participate to have fun and that the game is for youth, not the adults.
3. I will be a positive roll model for my child/peers and encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy.
4. I will not engage in any kind of un-sportsmanlike conduct with any official, coach, player or parent such as booing or taunting, refusing to shake hands or using profane language.
5. I will not encourage any behaviors or practices that would endanger the health and well-being of the athletes.
6. I will teach my child/peers/player to play by the rules and resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence.
7. I will demand that my child/peers/players treat other players, coaches, officials and spectators with respect.
8. I will teach my child/peers/players that doing one’s best is more important than winning, so that my child/peers/players will never feel defeated by the outcome of the game or his/her performance.
9. I will praise my child/peers/players for competing fairly and trying hard and make my child/peers/players feel like a winner every time.
10. I will never ridicule or yell at my child/peers/players or other participants for making a mistake or losing a competition.
11. I will emphasize skill development and practice instead of winning. I will de-emphasize competition for children in lower levels.
12. I will respect game officials and their authority and will not confront coaches on the game field, but instead meet with the coaches at an agreed upon time.
13. I will demand a sports environment for my child/peers/players that is free from drugs, alcohol and tobacco and I will refrain from their use at sports events.
14. I will refrain from coaching my child/ peers/players during games unless I am one of the official team coaches.
***Person who signs is responsible to ensure the Code of Conduct is followed by all invited spectators***