Registration cost for the 2013 calendar year will be $200.00 for football and cheer/dance. You will need a $100 deposit to hold a spot with the balance being paid by August 1st.
Registration for the upcoming season will be held:
Tuesday and Thursday, May 7th - August 31st, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM.
The location will be at:
Thompson Middle School
16300 Lincoln Rd.
The football player will also need to purchase a "spirit package" for $70 that will include:
1. Game Jersey
2. Practice Jersey
3. Practice Pants
5. Mouth Piece
6. 7 Piece Protective Pad Set
7. Game Socks
The 8th Grade Unlimited Division is set up to allow those kids to play who do not fit into the traditional American Youth Football age/weight matrix. There will be Conference, Regional play and National play. All efforts should be made to place these kids on traditional level teams when possible.
Ages 11-14 years old as of July 31st. (No High School players)
Southfield Youth Assistance Organization
If you are having financial problems during these tough economic times and need assistance to help with your registration fees and spirit packs, you can contact the following organization to qualify for financial assistance.
The primary purpose of the S.Y.A. is the prevention of delinquency and neglect of the youth of the City of Southfield and/or the Southfield School District. The efforts of the S.Y.A. shall be in the area of mobilizing community interest and resources in order to develop programs which will be beneficial to safeguarding and improving the physical, mental, emotional, and moral welfare of families and youth in the Southfield Community.
Southfield Youth Assistance is sponsored by the City of Southfield, the Southfield Public Schools, and the Oakland County Courts. Funding is provided by the City of Southfield, Southfield Public Schools, and the Oakland County Board of Commissioners.
To qualify for financial assistance the following must apply:
Your household income must fall within the HUD guidelines - see chart.
You must agree to accept Southfield Youth Assistance guidelines - see guidelines.
Southfield Youth Assistance Guidelines
1. Applicant family must meet HUD financial guidelines regarding income
2. Applications must be completed in full and have supporting documents attached.
3. Child must be a resident of or attend a school in the City of Southfield or Lathrup Village (public or private). Non-residents must provide school enrollment documentation.
4. A maximum grant allowable, per child, of $300 per school/calendar year
5. A maximum grant allowable, per family, of $600 per school/calendar year.
6. Where feasible, applicant family must be willing to contribute at least 10% toward cost of activity that grant request is made for. Waived when activity is over $330 and we are only approving the maximum of $300. (If activity cost is $400 family will be paying the $100 difference, which is higher than 10%, required.)
7. Applicant requesting a grant this year, who was awarded a grant in the previous year, must have submitted an Evaluation Form covering the previous grant. Failure to have received an Evaluation Form is grounds for automatic rejecting of current application.
8. Rejected application resubmissions must be returned to Southfield Youth Assistance within one month of the rejection letter to be reconsidered.
9. Where feasible, camps, summer school, etc., will utilize facilities inside the Cities of Southfield or Lathrup Village, or within the Southfield School System.
10. Certain requests, i.e., tutoring, summer school, etc., require a letter of recommendation from the child's teacher or counselor and indicate how activity will help child.
As with all guidelines exceptions will always arise and will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis. Any request for exception must be discussed with the chairperson of Southfield Youth Assistance prior to approval.