Ashland Youth Basketball 2012-2013
In Town League Rules
6, 7, 8th Grade Boys and Girls
1. Two 16 minutes halves, stop time.
2. 3 time outs per game.
3. Overtime 2 minutes, 1 additional time out per OT.
4. All types of defense allowed at all times.
5. Fouls: 1 and 1 on the 7th, double bonus (2 shots) on the 10th (per half).
6. Otherwise high school rules apply.
4, 5th Grade Boys and Girls
1. Four 8 minute quarters, stop time.
2. Substitutes every 4 minutes (these are not time outs).
3. 3 time outs per game.
4. Overtime 2 minutes, 1 additional time out per OT.
5. Only man to man defense is allowed, no double teaming, no zones. If the referee stops the game for the double team/zone/full court defense rule a warning is given for the first violation each half (including OT). On the 2nd and subsequent violations one free throw is awarded, and the offense retains possession.
6. Defense must pick up at half court until the last 2 minutes of the first half and last 4 minutes of the second half (including OT) at which point full court defense is allowed.
7. Foul shooting: 1 and 1 on the 7th, double bonus (2 shots) on the 10th (per half). Shooter may cross the foul line after the release (but not advance for the rebound until the ball hits the rim).
8. Otherwise high school rules apply.