SIGN UP TODAY!!!
Please refer to the Registration Forms link on the left margin of this website to download our registration checklist and other registration forms that will need to be turned in by August 1st.
SAFETY FIRST: Kids compete with kids of similar age and size. Pop Warner is the ONLY youth football program (local, regional and national) that sets and enforces a strict AGE & WEIGHT MATRIX that reduces the risk and reality of injuries.
Did you know that Pop Warner football is safer than soccer? Pop Warner football has 12% fewer injuries per capita among 5-15 year olds than organized soccer in the same age range! (U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, NEISS)
The following documents and fees are required in order to complete your child’s registration.
1. The medical form can be downloaded from the Registration Forms menu. Needs to be filled out and signed & stamped by your doctor. Please note that the physical examination must be in the year 2013.)
2. Original birth certificate (from vital statistics, not the hospital)& a copy of the birth certificate. All children, whether you played last year or not, will need to bring their original birth certificate. Once the team books are certified by Central Jersey the birth certificate will be returned.
3. 1 x 1 recent photograph
4. A “work-bond check” payable to “GBC” in the amount of $150.00. This check will be cashed upon receipt. These checks are usually distributed 3 weeks after your season ends. Only one work-bond check is required per family. Work bond duties include: 3-field duties and fundraising to include but not limited to selling raffle tickets.
5. A “uniform check” post-dated for December 1, 2013, payable to “GBC”. The amount for Cheer is $100.00 and for Football is $150.00. This check represents a security for the return of your child’s uniform/equipment. Due to competitions and tournaments, please provide a separate check for each child.
6. Photocopy of 2012/13 FINAL report card.
7. Medical release form.
8. Player/Parent Contract
It is preferred that all required documents/fees are received before practice begins on Wednesday August 1, 2013. You may also mail the required documents/fees to:
Golden Bear Chargers
P.O. BOX 262
Spotswood, NJ 08884
***** Please do NOT mail any registration material after 7/25/13. Instead, please bring the information with you to the first practice (August 1, 2013) at the trailer in the corner of the practice field. We would appreciate that all information turned in on the date listed above. This makes for a very easy start to the season for all of us.
NO CHILD WILL BE ALLOWED TO PRACTICE AND/OR RECEIVE ANY UNIFORM/EQUIPMENT UNTIL REGISTRATION IS COMPLETE.
Important note: If you are not in good standing from last year’s season, your registration will be held and not processed until you have fulfilled all necessary requirements:
REGISTRATION, PHYSICAL, PLAYER CONTRACT, & GBC PACKET FORMS CAN BE DOWNLOADED FROM FORMS/HANDOUT MENU OPTION