Not just about the snacks…..
At KYFA our team mom’s are an extension of the coaches and the board. You are instrumental in keeping the communication between everyone up to date and running smooth. If you have been a team mom in the past for another sport or simply want to be more involved in the KYFA football season then we hope you will consider volunteering your time. In order to help you make a more informed decision please find below some key functions of this very important KYFA role.
- Certification – All the players must be certified with NWGYFL prior to the first game. This may be the most important and busiest time for the team mom. You will gather player information and birth certificates (for new players). You will need to update or enter information on the NWGYFL website and upload pictures (taken by KYFA). Certification forms are printed out in duplicate and then signed by the parents. You will work with the coach to ensure certification paperwork is in order and ready to be signed off by the league. No player can play in an official game without certification being complete.
- Gather parent emails and contact phone numbers for ease of communicating game information, board information or practice changes/cancelations.
- Assist the coach with how he wants parent meetings to be run and how often.
- Coordinate gate coverage for every home game.
- Coordinate game day snacks.
- Coordinate any volunteer duties that need to have your team’s participation to fulfill the KYFA volunteer hours (weekly concessions, help with jamboree’s, help with homecoming, etc).
- Focal for game day spirit! Your parents will look to you for ideas to help pump the kids up and keep the game day FUN!
Team mom duties are not limited to practice nights or game days. As this role is very important to the success that your team experiences during the season, understand that a football team mom is a dedicated team mom. You will need to have access to the internet to log on to the KYFA or NWGYFL websites and send emails. You will need to have access to a printer as well for during certification times. There may be a nominal cost associated with performing some of the team functions which you can discuss with the parents to help donate towards or you can make that donation on your own.
KYFA appreciates all volunteers, especially those for team mom. In order to ensure that the duties and responsibilities of team mom are kept as impartial as possible, KYFA discourages wives of the head coach from holding this position. Volunteering for the position does not guarantee that you will be chosen as there may be multiple people seeking the same position. The Team Parent Coordinator will determine the volunteer best suited for the tasks of team mom for the upcoming season.
Our team moms are very special to us! We would love to have you join the ranks and help us make the season great…. For the kids, parents and coaches! If you feel this is something you would like to do please make sure to check the “Team Mom” box on the volunteer section of the registration form.
If you have additional questions please contact the Team Parent Coordinator, Melissa Wilkinson at email@example.com.