Working with the St. Rose Ice Hockey Parents Association (IHPA), ice hockey players, their families, friends and sponsors of the Frozen Roses Ice Hockey team have combined to finance the ice hockey program this season. This is significant initiative has been undertaken to eliminate any financial burden on St. Rose High School to bring you the Frozen Roses as a varsity ice hockey sport. The primary operating cost to any ice hockey program is its ice rental contract. For a single high school ice hockey season, rink rental costs average in excess of $20,000. Each player on the ice tonight pays to participate in pre-season practices and as a member of this ice hockey team each season. Beyond that fee, it is incumbent on players and their families to work hard to raise funds in support of this program.
To accomplish its goals, the St. Rose IHPA utilizes various forms of fund raising on a year-round basis. Each of these efforts is critical to the success of our program every season:
- SRHS Jersey Shore Basketball League (JSBL) volunteers – Before ice hockey season even starts, members of the St. Rose Ice Hockey Club actively volunteer over the summer to assist with the operations of the JSBL regular season games and playoffs. Ice hockey team members arrive early to set up, sell 50-50 tickets and staff the concession tables throughout the games. The [St Rose Athletic Club] rewards the team for their efforts with a much appreciated donation to our program.
- Game Program and Sponsor Book – This publication, which we consider to be among the most extensive in New Jersey high school sports, is a Who’s Who of local businesses and supporters of the St. Rose Ice Hockey program. With its full-color pages and comprehensive contents, this program is one of the primary fund raising activities for the team. We are excited at its growth in only the second year of publication. Please support our sponsors in any way you can. They certainly support us.
- Ice Hockey Home Game Admissions – If you’re reading this, you are most likely at the Gold Coast Arena enjoying one of our games. We charge admission to adults at home games to help cover our cost of operations. With your paid admission, you receive a copy of our game program and sponsor book. We hope you enjoy both. Thanks for coming out to see us play.
- St. Patrick’s Day Celebration – We are extremely proud to announce that our most significant post-season fundraiser will be re-introduced this year. The Reilly Funeral Home has graciously offered to co-host a cookout fundraiser to benefit the St. Rose Ice Hockey program following the St. Patrick’s Day Parade in Belmar on March 7, 2010. Reilly Funeral Home proprietor, Jim Bonner, played competitive youth hockey extensively with the Cranford Hockey Club and we appreciate his consistent support of the St. Rose ice hockey program. This year’s event will be a tremendous opportunity to support the team, and enjoy great food while seeing your friends in a relaxed setting. So please mark your calendars and plan to spend some time with us in Belmar that day. All of the players and coaches will be in attendance.
As you can see, the continuation of the SRHS ice hockey program depends on the IHPA, our team’s fundraising efforts and you. We rely heavily on the full support of all ice hockey players, their parents and the community. We certainly thank you for your participation and support of ice hockey at St. Rose High School and hope to see you at our events in the future.
Platinum Sponsors ($1,000 or more)
- SRHS Athletic Club
- Brian Specia, Community Relations, National Hockey League, 1251 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10020-1192
(NHL Cap signed by members of the 2005-2006 Columbus Blue Jackets for Raffle)
- Reilly Funeral Home, 801 D Street, Belmar, NJ 07719 - (732)681-3900
- The Scotto Family, Spring Lake, NJ
- Blejwas Associates, Inc., 221-A Evans Way, Branchburg, NJ 08876 Phone: (908) 253-8822
- Gold Sponsors ($500 - $999)
Silver Sponsors ($250 - $499)
- The Long Family, Belmar, NJ
Bronze Sponsors ($150 - $249)
- 1981 SRHS State Championship Golf Team - Christopher Conforti '81, Paul Leddy '82, Christopher Lukas '82, David Brooks '83
- George McKelvey Co., Inc. - Investment Advisors/Financial Planners/Stock & Bond Brokers
529 Washington Blvd, Sea Girt, NJ (732) 449-5323
- Mason Contracting, 105 Friendship Road, Cranbury, NJ, (732) 274-0496 Owner: John H. Penney