2013 WSSSB League Rules
Before the Game starts:
Please NO SOFT TOSS on ANY Field. It damages fences and ruins the field. There's also a risk that our permits will be pulled.
1. All games are on as scheduled unless you receive a phone from HOME TEAM that the game has been cancelled.
2. Call opposing manager by Thursday night to verify games. If game is cancelled please call Umpires.
3. Home teams are responsible to PAY umpires and supply Game Balls (3)
4. 13 yr old Prep & 14/15 yr old –3 BBCOR or Wood bats.
16/18 yr old division “Wooden Bats” Must be all Wood ONLY.
5. All game lengths should be 2 hour & 30 minutes or less.
6. 20 Minutes grace time for forfeits. Games must begin 20 minutes after start time for situations where a team has less than 9 players. They just take-outs in the lineup until missing players show.
7. All Players MUST bat in the line-up
8. Exchange Line-ups before game starts
9. Home team scorebook is the official book. Check scores every 1/2 inning.
During the Game:
1. No player can seat out TWO consecutive innings (defense ONLY)
2. 10 run Mercy rule applies anytime after losing team has batted 5 times in a 7 Inning game. (16-17) League losing team must bat 6 Times in a 9-inning game.
3. Pitcher can ONLY pitch 7 innings per weekend. A pitcher CANNOT go back into pitch after he has pitched and has been taken out. (16-17 League Pitching Rules: No Pitcher can pitch more 5 innings per weekend)
4. If playing Doubleheader each game will be 6 Innings ONLY.
5. Balks: 1 warning per pitcher for 13s (Rec Division), Balks will be called for 14/15 Rec & 16/17s.
6. All players MUST SLIDE or AVOID CONTACT when going into a base on a close play.
7. You can slide head first.
8. DON’T ARGUE with umpires, managers, players or fans.
Warning: This will result with suspensions for Players and/or Coaches
9. HAVE FUN ................................
After the Game Ends:
1. Shake hands with other team
2. Clean-up dugouts
3. Quickly collect all your equipment.
4. Rake or fill in any holes by home plate and pitchers mound
5. Winning Coach emails: Nick Callagy firstname.lastname@example.org with Scores.