8UN, 9UA, 9UN, 10UN, & 11UA/ $40 per game / $20 per team
11UN/ $80 per game / $40 per team (2-man ump)
13UA,13UN, & 15U/ $100 per game / $50 per team
If a game is forfeited, the team in attendance does not pay the umpire. The entire fee will come out of the forfeiting school's forfeit bond. Contact Pat Cappel, WBC Treasurer, and Rob Reid or Kevin Kahny, Umpire Coordinators to receive payment. Contact information can be found on this site.
WBC Field Rainout Info and Status
|ALL GAMES ARE ON UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED HERE.
Rain out lines are intended for Saturday and Sunday games only.
WEEKDAY games are determined playable by home team managers, unless otherwise noted.
Call for weekday games too.
|Harrison JR Baseball||230-5108|
|Kuliga Park||Updated here|
|Cheviot FH||CLOSED Sat. April 29th|
|Ryan Fields||CLOSED Sat. May 6|
|St. Antoninus (Schott Fields)||Schott Field Status
|Harrison K of C||230-5108|
|Visitation||Visitation Field Status|
CLOSED Sat. May 6
St. John (DR)
5/27 all games on as scheduled
CLOSED Sat. April 29
|If your field is not listed, please contact your Manager or the Home Team Manager.|
Missing Umpire (League Scheduled Game)
If two umpires are needed for a league scheduled game and only one umpire shows up, that umpire will receive payment as follows:
Team 1 pays $25
Team 2 pays $25
League pays $25
Team 1 pays $23
Team 2 pays $23
League pays $22
Team 1 pays $20
Team 2 pays $20
League pays $20
Team 1 and Team 2 should pay their portion prior to the game. The umpire should contact Brian Weber, CWBC Treasurer, and Rob Reid, Umpire Coordinator, for the remaining amount. Contact information can be found at the top of the page.
Missing Umpire (To Be Scheduled or Make Up Game)
If two umpires are required for a "to be scheduled" or make up game or any game in which a coach is responsible for scheduling two umpires, but only one umpire shows up, the umpire is to be paid in the following manner:
Home team pays $38
Visiting team pays $37
Home team pays $34
Visiting team pays $34
Home team pays $30
Visiting team pays $30
Coaches that are finding umpires are highly encouraged to make contact with both umpires prior the game. If coaches need help contacting or locating available umpires, they should contact Rob Reid. His contact information is at the top of the page.
Approved Umpire Uniform
Pants - Gray, Black or Blue long pants (windpants are acceptable)
- Solid Black, Blue or Gray shorts
- No jeans, school shorts, basketball shorts, cargo shorts, etc.
Hats - Solid Blue or Black hats or CWBC hats
Shirts - Major league style shirts (Dark Blue, Light Blue, Black) or League Dark Blue shirts. Leage T-Shirts or other T-Shirts are no longer permitted.
1) Umpires are considered as an independent contractor while serving as a CWBC umpire in accordance with applicable law.
2) Umpires understand there are no assurances of the number, type or location of game assignments.
3) Umpires will conduct themselves in a professional manner that demonstrates knowledge of major league baseball rules, CWBC League rules and impartiality, courtesy and fairness to all parties.
4) Umpires will report a minimum of 20 minutes before assigned game starting time, properly addressed in appropriate umpire uniform and equipment.
5) Umpires will report to the Umpire Coordinators within 24 hours following any game involving an ejection of any Manager, Coach, Player or Spectator via email with the specifics of the ejection including circumstances for the ejection, date of game, game field, name of home and visiting teams, name of ejected person (if a player include player number) and time of ejection.
6) Umpires will report to the Umpire Coordinators within 24 hours of any game not played or completed.
7) Umpires understand that cancellation of any assignment will be done in a timely manner with notice to Umpire Coordinators. Canceling any assignment on the evening before or morning of game assignment or failing to show up to an assigned and accepted game will not be tolerated without reasonable excuse at the discretion of the Umpire Coordinators. First inexcusable offense will result in suspension of assigned games for two (2) weeks. Second inexcusable offense will result in suspension of remaining assigned games and dismissal of future umpiring services.
8) Umpires agree to respond to umpire assignments via the assigning website in a timely manner. Continued failure to do so, in the judgment of the Umpire Coordinator, may result in dismissal of future umpiring services.