T-ball Baseball Rules
4-6 T-ball/Coach Pitch Baseball
1. Games will last 6 innings or 60 minutes whichever comes first. Games can end in a tie.
2. Run rule 15 runs after 3 innings, 10 runs after 4 innings, and 8 runs after 5 innings.
3. 3 outs or 7 runs end an inning.
4. To stop the play, time will be called when the ball is held in defensive possession inside the baselines and is not attempting to make a play on a runner, at umpire’s discretion.
5. Pitched ball will be no closer than the 20 ft. mark from home plate on the infield.
6. Each team shall turn in a lineup 10 min. prior to the game.
7. Umpires have the final decision on all plays. Appeals must be made at the time of the call. Appeals can only be made by the head coach. Assistants will not question any calls that occur during game.
8. Head Coach is responsible for his team and need to make sure that his/her players and assistant coaches show good sportsmanship at all times. Teams failing to show good sportsmanship will result in an out for the team at current / next at bat, at umpires discretion.
9. Teams may play with a minimum of 7 players. Players may enter game late and be added to the bottom of the line-up.
1. All players present must bat, substitutions will not affect lineup. Every player bats and batting orders remain the same throughout the game.
2. If a player cannot finish an at bat that player is out. If his/her next at bat comes and still cannot bat there will be no more outs called, his/her at bat will be skipped. If a player becomes ill or injured before his/her at bat then that at bat can be skipped with no penalty.
3. Batted ball not hit past the ten-foot arc is a foul ball. Batted ball hits the pitcher coach it is a dead ball / no pitch.
4. If you are 8 runs ahead then you have to pitch to other team. Once under the 8 run lead then you can go back to the tee.
5. Players get up to 4 swings from the tee if the 4th swing is foul then that player is out. Players get up to 6 pitches from the coach and if the 6th pitch is fouled, they continue to bat until they miss the pitch or do not swing. Players get no more than 2 practice swings from the tee. If they choose to do more practice swings than a strike will be called.
6. When the ball is overthrown the first time runners can advance TWO bases no matter how many times the ball may be overthrown after the first throw. Example: Ball overthrown at first runner going to first can only advance to 3rd no matter if the ball is throw to 3rd and overthrown again THEY STAY AT 3rd.
7. Throwing the bat is a warning, second time is an out. This is per player during each game.
8. Every offensive player must wear a helmet when batting or running the bases.
9. Bat restriction: 2 ¼” Dia. No big barrel bats allowed.
10. Coaches cannot touch the runners during a live ball. First time will be a warning to that team next time any coach touches a runner during a live ball that runner will be called out.
11. There can be a hitting/pitching coach, a 1st base, and 3rd base coach on the field during offensive play.
12. There is no stealing and there is no leading off the base until the ball has been batted from the tee or hit on a pitch.
13. If the player is being pitched to he can elect to use the tee anytime during his at bat. Strike count will remained when player switches to tee.
14. Girls may be pitched to underhanded when at bat.
1. All players will play in the field.
2. The pitcher must have one foot inside of the pitcher’s circle with a helmet with mask on when the ball is hit. Violation of this rule will result in the offensive team to accept the play or re-bat.
3. All infielders have to be behind the restraining line. Outfielders have to have both feet in the grass when the ball is hit.
4. Only two coaches can be stationed inside the coach’s circles in outfield on defense. No other defensive coaches on field. No defensive coach will be allowed on the infield while the ball is in play.
5. No more than 6 players in the infield, you can have 7 players if you add a catcher. Everyone else will be stationed in the outfield.
6. No defensive player shall be stationed in a baseline. If interference occurs, all runners will advance one base plus the bases they are advancing to.
7. If you have a catcher he/she must wear helmet and mask and stand behind umpire at umpire discretion.
8. To stop the play, time will be called when the ball is held in possession of defensive player inside the baselines, at umpire’s discretion. When the runner has stopped forward motion (or stride) and the ball is in possession of an infielder inside the baseline time will be called at the umpire discretion.
9. The pitcher can only tag a runner out between 3rd base and home plate or the pitcher can make a force out play at home plate. The pitcher must throw the ball to get a runner out at 1st, 2nd, or 3rd base. All other players can make tags at any base.
10. No underhand rolling or intentional grounding of the ball, by any player on the field, will be allowed. If this occurs it will be a dead ball and runners advance one base. The offensive player must attempt to throw the ball. A short distant (flip feed) throw to the base player is allowed.
11. All infielders must wear a helmet with mask.
12. Defense must take the field in a timely manner. Delays in the game can result in an out called at teams next bat, at umpire discretion.