About DeLand Bulldogs Youth Tackle Football and Cheerleading Assoc.
Our Association By-Laws can be found here.
All board meetings are open to the public.
Who Are We:
The DeLand Bulldogs are a Pop Warner Association dedicated to youth Football and Cheerleading for kids ages 5 to 15. We have six divisions: Tiny Mites, Mighty Mites, Jr. Peewee, Peewee, Jr. Midget, and Midgets. The DeLand Bulldogs organization strives to inspire its young athletes and stresses the importance of scholarship, teamwork, sportsmanship, and citizenship, regardless of race, creed, or national origin. All of our coaches are certified by Pop Warner and have passed a criminal background check to ensure the safety of our young athletes.
Pop Warner is an International Organization. Pop Warner Super Bowl Games are played at Walt Disney World Sports Complex and nationaly televised on ESPN. It is the only recreational youth tackle football program recognized by the NFL. The DeLand Bulldogs are a member of the East Coast Conference Pop Warner conferenece which has 12 football and cheerleading leagues.
Emphasis on Education:
Academics and behavior at school are just as important as a players' performance on the field. The scholastics director will monitor the grades of our athletes and any GPA below a C will be monitored bi-weekly directly from the students teacher. Academics and athletics go hand in hand. We strive to prepare our youth for High School athletics and academics.
Little Known Facts:
- Pop Warner Football is on the rise with over 380,000 youths participating every year. That is an incredible 50% growth rate over the last two years.
- Pop Warner is the ONLY youth football program that sets and enforces a strict age/weight matrix that reduces the risk and reality of injuries.
- Did you know that Pop warner football is safer than soccer?
- Pop Warner has 12% fewer injuries per capita among 5 - 15 years old than organized soccer in the same age range. ( U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, NEISS)
- The National Football League Players Association (NFLPA) estimates that between 60% and 70% of all NFL players began their careers playing Pop Warner Football. View a list of all alumni
- Pop Warner Little Scholars, Inc. (PWLS) is the only national youth sports organization in America that rewards its members for their outstanding performance in the classroom. Each year, the most academically accomplished Pop Warner kids compete for Academic All-American status, and are rewarded on several different levels (I.e. National, Regional, League, etc.).
Tackle Football Divisions:
|Division Name||Ages||Certification Weight Range|
|TINY-MITE||5-6-7 year olds||35-75 lbs.|
|No older/lighter for Tiny Mites|
|MITEY-MITE||7-8-9 year olds||50-100 lbs.|
|No older/lighter for Mitey Mites|
|JUNIOR PEEWEE||8-9-10 year olds||65-115 lbs.|
|(older/lighter)||11*year olds||65-95 lbs.|
|PEEWEE||9-10-11 year olds||80-130 lbs.|
|(older/lighter)||12* year olds||80-110 lbs.|
|JUNIOR MIDGET||10-11-12 year olds||95-155 lbs.|
|(older/lighter)||13* year olds||95-135 lbs.|
|MIDGET||12-13-14 year olds||110-180 lbs.|
|(older/lighter)||15* year olds||110-160 lbs.|
*The asterisked(*) provisions in each division allow the so-called "older but lighter" player to also qualify to play.
*The asterisked(*) provisions in each division are for those teams that carry "older but lighter" football players. The age of the spirit participant may match the age of the football players in that same division. The spirit participant is matched in age only, weights do not apply.