The Hudson-Litchfield program is designed to promote the sport of cheerleading in a well-organized and structured program. Children from the ages of 5 years old to 15 years old can participate
The HLYFC Spirit Program is not a recreational sport, it requires a full commitment from the participants and the Coaching staff. Children will be involved with approximately 50 practices, cheering at games, and competing in at least one competition. The program is designed to teach the fundamentals of cheerleading including sportsmanship, sideline cheers, proper stunting techniques and guidelines for Spirit competitions. There are several key aspects of the program that are the foundation including a focus on Safety, Discipline, Sportsmanship, Cheerleading skills, and knowledge of the Football program.
Hudson-Litchfield Spirit Rules
HLYFC spirit rules will be reviewed on the first night of practice with you and your child by their coach. These rules are in place to insure the safety of your child, in support of good sportsmanship, and for the good of the team in general. Please be advised that no earrings or body jewelry are allowed while cheerleading. If you plan to have your child’s ears pierced before the season, allow enough time so that the earrings may be removed during practices and games
The regular season consists of 8 games played on Saturday or Sunday. The time and location will vary week to week. Participants will be provided a schedule of all games once it is available. Dates, times, and locations will be posted on the Web site. If the cheerleader’s respective football team makes it into the Post Season, cheerleaders will continue to travel and cheer for their team. This includes Playoff Games, State and/or Regional Games. The only exception to miss cheering for a football game is for NHYFSC sponsored Cheer Competitions.
HLYFC typically has cheerleading squads that correspond to the Football program.Participants are assigned to teams based on their age and the number of registered participants. Small teams consist of 5-18 participants and large teams consist of 19-36 participants. Each year teams will change depending on number of participants.
Program Duration & Competition Information
The first day of practice for 2017 begins July 31st! The start date is determined by the state. It is expected that the entire coaching staff, parents, and participants will adhere to all practice schedules. Failure to do so may result in HLYFC Board action , sitting out of games, competitions or removal from the program (reminder: no refunds are given). The Season Start date will be announced annually on our website in January.
Support their respective Football teams at games each week and during the post-season.
NHYFSC Spirit Competition October.
Spirit Squad placing 1st, 2nd, or 3rd at the State Spirit Competition (except Division 8) will advance to the Regional Competition in November. Location changes each year, but will be in New England (Manchester, NH, Massachusettes, Conneticut or Rhode Island)
Spirit Squad placing 1st in Regional’s must move on to Nationals in December, 2nd and 3rd place teams are optional to move on and will be decided upon at qualification. This does not apply to division 8.
All participants are expected to participate in all practices, attend all games and required HLYFC events and all competitions. Each team will have a head coach and a team Parent that will work with the parents and coaching staff to address your specific questions. The parents are very important to our program and we encourage everyone to support your children at practice and the games.
Practice beings late July or early August. The start date will be announced on our website in January of each year. Please remember to check our seasons start date before making summer vacation plans. The first four weeks will be practice Monday - Thursday 6:00-8:30, outside at our game field (HMS). After school begins practice will be moved inside (place TBD), three days a week.
- All games and practices are mandatory.
- Each cheerleader is allowed three unexcused absences. The fourth will result in removal from the squad.
- An excused absence is an absence due to illness, religion, a death in the family, or at the discretion of the Head Coach/Spirit Coordinator.
- A family vacation in August does not constitute an excused absence.
- Failure to have all required paperwork handed in before the first day of practice will constitute an unexcused absence for every practice missed.
- Being more than 15 minutes late for a practice or game will constitute an un excused absence
- Not wearing proper practice attire will constitute an un excused absence
- After the first unexcused absence, both a parent/guardian and the child will sign and date this form acknowledging the unexcused absence.
- The second and third occurrence will result in a meeting with the parent/guardian, child, spirit coordinator and coach.
- The fourth occurrence will result in removal from the team. Registration money will not be refunded.
All cheerleaders are required to purchase a Game Day Uniform and a Competition Uniform.
- Game Day Uniforms consist of a jersey and shorts, (navy blue tank tops should be worn under the jersey). Price is TBA
- Competition Uniform consists of a skirt and one piece top, price is TBA
Additional Items that will need to be purchased:
- Sneakers (approved by Spirit Equipment Coordinator)
- WarmUp Jacket
- White no show socks
Other Optional items: