Gladiator Exclusive Territory Map
The La Canada Gladiators (and all SGVJAAF teams) have a "recruiting area" in which our players and cheerleaders must legally/full time reside (not where they attend school).
La Canada Gladiators' Exclusive territory:
Beginning in March of 2009 the Gladiators' exclusive recruiting area consists of La Canada Flintridge, La Crescenta, and Montrose city limits. If you live in La Canada, La Crescenta, or Montrose you must play for the Gladiators or obtain a "cut contact" from the Gladiator organization to play with another Jr. All-American franchise. If you have played for another SGVJAAFC team in the past year, you MUST obtain a cut contract from that team before registering with the Gladiators. OPEN Territories exist where no other SGVJAAF Franchise City exists , such as:
LCF Semi-exclusive territory with Pasadena:
Those parts of Pasadena and Altadena West of LINCOLN AVE and/or 210 Freeway and North of the 134 Freeway (i.e., Linda Vista, etc.,) are exclusive as between the Pasadena Panthers and the La Canada Gladiators. Anyone residing in this area could play for either franchise.
Lake View Terrace
If you live in these cities, you are a "free agent" and may play for any SGVJAAF franchise.
ONCE A PLAYER/CHEERLEADER FROM "OPEN TERRITORY" CERTIFIES WITH A FRANCHISE S/HE MUST REMAIN WITH THAT FRANCHISE OR OBTAIN A CUT CONTRACT TO MOVE TO ANOTHER FRANCHISE. For example, if you live in Eagle Rock and played for Glendale Bears last season, you MUST obtain a cut contract from them to move to the La Canada Gladiators. The exception is when a player/cheerleader moves legal residence to a city with a SGVJAAFC franchise.
VERIFICATION OF "PROOF OF AGE" REQUIRED
Original or Certified Birth Certificate
Conference Verified Player ID Card
Alien - Green Card
Other country's legal document, as proof of age.
NOTICE: Notification of birth registration, baptismal, or hospital certificates are not acceptable.
NOTE: THE GLADIATORS DO NOT OFFER SCHOLASTIC PROBATION EXCEPT IN THE MIDGET DIVISION.
A student is scholastically eligible if:
1. The student is currently enrolled in the school semester.
2. The student passed the semester requirements at the completion of the previous regular grading period.
3. The student is maintaining minimum progress towards meeting the requirements as prescribed by the governing board.
4. The student has maintained during the previous grading period a minimum of a 2.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale in all enrolled courses. A participant agrees to maintain at least a 2.0 GPA in school grades or be declared ineligible.
NOTE: The Scholarship Committee will settle all disputes on a participant: Grades eligibility (averages) and borderline cases.
DEFINITION OF AMATEUR SPORTSMAN
An amateur sportsman is one who engages in sports solely for the pleasure, physical, mental, and social benefits he derives therefrom and to whom sports is nothing more than an avocation.
A. To be amateur under San Gabriel Valley Junior All-American Football Conference rules:
1. Players or coaches cannot play or coach for any monetary benefits such as cash, merchandise, or any compensation.
B. Compete under an assumed name, including competing on any outside tackle football team in the same season.
1. A player who has been registered and certified with the conference, who decides to play football in high school is ineligible to compete in the SGVJAAFC.
2. A player who competes under an assumed name can lose his/her amateur status in all sports for the rest of his/her life, but not limited to high school and college sports competition.
Please check with the listed franchise members in your community or surrounding communities or the Conference Office if you have any questions on athletic eligibility.
A player must play within his/her own franchise boundaries. Any franchise knowingly signing a player outside their boundaries will be assessed a fine per player and their franchise placed on probation. Place of legal residence determines player's eligibility not where participant attends school. Any player residing in a non-franchise area is a "free agent". Contact the Conference Office for information on the "free agent" rule.
COMPETING UNDER A NAME OTHER THAN YOUR OWN OR USING A FALSIFIED ADDRESS
Participant(s)/parent(s) who knowingly fail to provide complete and accurate information regarding eligibility to participate in SGVJAAFC shall be declared ineligible to represent their city franchise for one (1) year following the date of the discovery of the falsified information.