The USSSA League Program is designed to be hassle free with the understanding that less is better. The rules by which a league is required to follow are very liberal because we fully understand that what may work in one community may not necessarily work in another.
The All-Star League format is designed for local league based programs that are accustomed to choosing an All-Star team or multiple All-Star teams at the end of the regular season schedule to represent the community in post-season tournament play. These leagues will play a regular season then choose (draft, pick, select) an All-Star Team or All-Star Teams for the USSSA State Championships Tournament and possibly World Series play. The selection of players to the All-Star Team(s) may be done by any system or format approved by the League Board of Directors or Chief Officer as long as such method is used consistently age division by age division throughout the league.
Qualifying for the All Star State and World Series Tournaments
USSSA now offers two divisions of post season play for Drafted League All Star teams, American and National League. Note: The National league is more restrictive than American League.
Any team that participates as a league team in a drafted league that is registered with USSSA is eligible. This team must meet all of the criteria for being an allstar team with their league as well as with USSSA. To participate in this program the following conditions must be met.
1) Teams will qualify through their approved Drafted League.
2 )All of your participants must have played in your Drafted League program.
3) You can not have any players who have played on a travel team after January 1 of the current season.
4) You can not have started playing in tournaments (any association) as an All Star team before the Memorial Day weekend.
5) You must register 100% of your league.
6) Leagues must submit a copy of their rules, by-laws and schedules to the state coordinator.
7) Players must play in at least 75% of their teams scheduled league games.
8) All Star teams may be chosen by any method approved by the local league.
9) Leagues may have more than one All Star team in each division and age group.
10) Drafted leagues can not have returning teams (league teams that are not subjected to the draft) that participate in the All Star National Division.
11) Leagues must have an approved drafting procedure. A maximum of 4 protected players are allowed on each drafted team.
12) Only State Directors can enter / create All Star teams and enter rosters online.
13) The league administrator must submit a signed copy of the roster to the state coordinator. The state coordinator must approve the All Star roster for the team to be official.
14) A league must have an 8 game schedule.
Any team that is from an approved drafted league that is sanctioned with USSSA and does not meet any of the requirements listed above may still participate in the All Star Division, but they must participate in the American Division.
1) Teams in this division are not limited in how many tournaments they participate in.
2) They may also have players who have played on travel teams (AA, AAA or Major) throughout the year. The following conditions must still be met.
3) Teams will qualify through their approved Drafted League.
4) All of your participants must have played in your Drafted League program.
5) Leagues must submit a copy of their rules, by-laws and schedules to the state coordinator for approval.
6) All Star teams may be chosen by any method approved by the local league.
7) Leagues may have more than one All Star team in each division and age group.
8) Only State Directors can enter / create All Star teams and enter rosters online.
9) The league administrator must submit a signed copy of the roster to the state coordinator. The state coordinator must approve the roster for the team to be official.