These guidelines should be used to prevent miscommunication and unwarranted travel for potential rainout games...
1. In case of inclement weather, both coaches shall make the decision "to play or not to play" based on the days forecast by 8AM (Weekend games)
2. In case of inclement weather, the HOME team shall check on the HOME FIELD for that day and make the sole decision "to play or not to play" based on condition of the field by 9AM.
3. If the decision is "to play" on items 1 and 2 above, the expectation is that the game(s) will be started at some point that day. Delayed starts are allowed, but prior notification by the HOME team to the AWAY team is common courtesy.
4. All games that are started but POSTPONED later in the day, will be continued at a later, agreed upon later date with the game continuing where it left off.
5. All games that have played a complete 5 innings (4 1/2 if the home team is leading) will be considered a COMPLETED game.
6. Makeups can be made up at any place at any time within the start date (4/30) and the end date of season (7/30).
MANDATORY PENALTY: If an AWAY team travels to the home field of the HOME team, the AWAY team shall be granted one (1) forfeit win and the HOME team shall be granted one (1) forfeit loss. The second game shall be scheduled for a mutually agreed upon later date.
If a DOUBLEHEADER is cancelled....
1. One (1) game MUST be rescheduled at a "soft", later date of mutual choice, but MUST be agreed upon within one (1) week of the cancellation. "Soft" shall be defined as a planned rescheduled date, but not set in stone. Please notify the President within one week of the cancellation. The purpose of this rule is to engage in rescheduling conversation EARLIER than later, hopefully encouraging makeups ahead of time and not putting it off until last minute where scheduling gets complicated.
2. The second game of the DH shall be made up at a mutually agreed upon later date if possible.
If ONE game is cancelled.....
1. Both teams will agree upon a new makeup date at a later time if possible.
PENALTY: No immediate penalty. If one specific team cannot agree to a "soft" date as scheduled above, President's discretion will be used to determine if the specific game needs to be played. If it does, forfeits may or may not be issues based on President's decision.