Coaches General Information
Thank you for volunteering! Keep in mind that the experience players have with you a coach will stay with them for life! Be positive, be organized, and set a good example!
Do you know how to reach your Age Commissioner? They are the best resource for all your needs throughout the season. Click here for Age Commissioner contact information.
How to Log into and Manage your GotSoccer Team and Coach Account (User Guide)
How to Email Players from Gotsoccer
How to Submit Scores in Gotsoccer (U10 and older)
How to submit a Referee Report
The playing format for RCSA did change to align with the USSF Mandates. Click here to review the new format.(RCSA Rules Quick Guide)
Background checks, CDC Concussion Training, and ID cards are REQUIRED for all volunteers. ID cards must brought to ever game shown by all coaches, assistant coaches and team managers during a game. Any individual who does not have their card will not be allowed to be on the player sidelines. No more than 3 members of a team will be eligible to obtain a coaches id badge, another words – only 3 adults are allowed on the coaches’ side of the field during a game. The intent of this rule is for the continued safety and protection of all RCSA youth. See this page for more information.
GETTING STARTED LIST
1. Register and complete an online background check and CDC Concussion Training. Individuals who will be on a roster should register and complete the background check and training. You can access this from your Gotsoccer coach account. Click here on How to Complete a Background Check.
Here is step by step instructions with pictures for your convenience. Click here.
2. Coach Training - Check the USYS Coach Resources available online. Listen for more information at the coach meeting. Also see more coach resources below.
3. Think about a team name - No duplications within a league. Submit 3 names to your commissioner once you have been notified that you are coach.
4. Uniforms for your team - All teams will have uniforms provided each fall. In the spring, new players, new teams and returning player to new teams will be provided another uniform. Returning players to the same team will keep the uniform from the fall. Any returning playing on a returning team that needs a new shirt will have to pay $10. Uniforms are pre-ordered and pre-numbered and information on colors is not available until the coach meeting. Team roster information sheet will have the players shirt size that was ordered.
5. Check time and date for coaches meeting - Once RCSA has confirmed the date and time, you will be notified via email. However, be aware when this day is approaching in the event you miss the email. Your attendance will be required. These meetings are at the same time each season and usually fall mid August for the fall season and early February for the spring.
6. About practice - Practice can start as soon as your receive your roster. You may want to practice on Saturday the first two weeks before games begin. Make sure your practices are in an approved area (including but not limited to, school grounds and city parks). Be prepared with this information when contacting parents for the first time. *** Trinity Baptist Church on 66 has allowed RCSA teams to practice on their land. Please call Lisa at 972-635-2532 and leave a message with your preferred day/time. She will contact you if there any conflicts.
Also make sure your parents know that the player will need shin guards, ball, and water bottle for all practices and games.
Coaches are expected to hold at least 1 practice per week. Length of practices depends on age group, but are typically about 1 hour. A little longer for older players and a little shorter for the younger ones.
Practice times, dates and locations are set at the discretion of the coach. Please keep time reasonable for commuting parents.
RCSA does not assign additional volunteers to help each team. The head coach should coordinate with parents of the assigned players. Notification can be made to RCSA so these additional coaches can be added to the roster once they register and complete the background check and CDC Concussion Training.
7. Contact parents of your players - Contact parents as soon as you receive your roster. Email from your GotSoccer team account to reach your parents but...if you do not get a response from them via email, please do call them. Some email addresses will go to spam/junk or the is an error in the address due to human error. If you are unable to reach a player, please call your commissioner so we can attempt to do so and replace that player if needed.
8. Schedules - Schedules are available online approximately 1 week prior to the start of the season. Please check your schedule each week for any changes. Coach conflicts are best handled by having an Assistant Coach on your roster. Teams are allowed 2 additional coaches. Contact your commissioner if you have any questions about your schedule.
9. Rescheduling games - A team can request a reschedule. A fee of $50 must be collected prior to RCSA working on the reschedule. The opposing team must agree to the rescheduled game. If the opposing team does not agree, then the reschedule fee will be refunded and the game will stand as scheduled. Please follow the procedure below to submit a request.
- Contact the appropriate Age Group Commissioner to request approval to begin the reschedule process, giving the reason why you are requesting a reschedule. Note: Reschedule requests can not include stipulations on when the rescheduled game will be played.
- Contact the opposing team coach to ask for his/her approval to reschedule the game. Note: If the opposing team coach does not agree to a reschedule, the game will not be rescheduled and no fees will be due.
- Contact the Age Group Commissioner to let him/her know that the opposing team coach has agreed to a reschedule.
- Fill out the Reschedule Request form completely and submit it, along with the $50 reschedule request fee, to the RCSA Scheduler at least ten (10) days before the currently scheduled date. Payment may be made by cash, check or money order.
Once the game scheduler has rescheduled the game, the Age Group Commissioner will inform both coaches of the new game time and date.