- All games will consist of three 15 minute stop time periods. (NO overtime in round robin)
- There is a 3 minute warm-up at the start of each game, which starts when the Zamboni door closes.
- Teams must be prepared to begin 15 minutes prior to their scheduled starting time.
- Floods will be before the game and after the second period.
- For the semi and championship games, should it be tied at the end of regulation, there will be one ten (10) minute sudden death overtime period. Teams will not change ends for this overtime period. Teams will play 3 on 3 during this overtime period. Should a team receive a penalty, the non offending team will place a fourth player on the ice. After the expiration of the penalty, the offending player will return to the ice. At the next whistle, the teams will return to 3 on 3.
If after the 10 minute overtime period the game remains tied, there will be a shootout. It will be a three man shoot out. If that fails to produce a winning team, it will continue with one player shootout until a winner is decided. During this shootout a different player must take each shot (excluding goalies).
- Only during semi and championship games will teams will be entitled to one thirty (30) second timeout.
Teams The home team will wear the light colored jerseys.
- Teams must leave dressing clean and tidy.
- Please keep change room music at a reasonable level.
- No off ice warm ups are permitted in the City of Peterborough arenas.
- No Affiliated Player that is participating in the Tournament shall play for their Affiliated Major Midget Team until the minor midget team is eliminated from the tournament.
1. The minor midget teams are required to have their representative report to the Minor Petes AAA boardroom, located in the Evinrude Center at least one (1) hour prior to their first (1st) scheduled game. The major midget teams are required to have their representative report to the boardroom in the Kinsman Arena at least one (1) hour prior to their first (1st) scheduled game.
2. This team representative must confirm that the documents provided to the tournament representative prior to the tournament are still correct on this date. If the team has not provided the requested documentation in advance the team representative must bring these documents to register their team (travel permit for non OMHA teams; letter of permission for OMHA teams; Official team roster).
3. No additions to the roster after registration.
Team standings will be based on the points earned in round robin play.
Group play standings are based on 2 points for a win, 1 point for a tie.
- The 1st place minor midget team in each division will advance to the semi-final games.
- The 1st place major midget team in each division and one wildcard team (next highest in points by formula) will advance to the semi-final games.
Tie breaking Formula:
- The team with the most wins.
- Winner of the games between the two teams (two way tie only).
- Add the goals for and goals against and divide total into the goals for. The team with the highest goal percentage will advance.
- Team with fewest goals against.
- Team with the most goals for.
- Team with the fewest penalty minutes.
- Coin toss
1. O.M.H.A. rules will apply.
2. No protest – referee’s decision is final.
3. The Tournament Committee reserves the right to render decisions regarding rule interpretations and objections.