Monroe Wolverines Cheerleading
Policies and Expectations
In an effort to have another successful season, we just wanted to take a minute to remind our cheer families of our policies and expectations. These are always available on our website, www.monroewolverines.com.
• If you ever have a problem, with anything, please follow the chain of command. Coaches first, then cheer directors, and if necessary, the executive board.
• When contacting our staff, please remember that they are volunteers. Respect them as well as their hours with their family since they are few and far between during competition season. Coaches should also never be interrupted during practice and/or games.
• NO GOSSIP. Please do not gossip about children, parents, staff, other teams, organizations, etc. Gossiping is shallow and unnecessary. We believe it is better to confront a problem head on rather than listen to idle talk.
• No profanity, vulgar, or abusive language.
• All squad and routine decisions are at the discretion of our coaching staff. Believe us, if your child is meant to be a flyer, they will be a flyer! We ask that you trust our staff and their decisions.
• Practices may be changed or added at any time during the season.
• Anyone threatening to quit or pull their child from the squad will be dismissed immediately.
• It is the parents’ responsibility to know what is going on within the organization. Please check your emails, check the website and Facebook page, and attend all parent meetings.
• Withholding a child from practice should never be used as a form of punishment. You are not only punishing your child, but every other team member, parent, and coach on that team.
• We will do our best to work with extracurricular activities. However, if the other coach refuses to work with our mandatory practices and games, you may have to make a choice.
• On days that we have competitions scheduled, please plan on being committed to that all day. Competitions often run long and your child is expected to be there cheering on her sister squads all day.
• The Monroe Wolverines program is highly regarded for their sportsmanship and class. We expect our parents and cheerleaders to uphold our wonderful reputation at all practices, games, and especially competitions.
• We reserve the right to add, change, or remove rules at any point.
• After Labor Day, all practices, games, special events, and competitions are mandatory.
• The only excused absences will be due to sickness (with a doctor’s note) and religious instruction.
• Our staff has surveyed cheerleaders and parents, so our practice schedules are made around each teams’ religious commitments.
• Any cheerleader who misses 3 or more excused/unexcused practices and/or games shall be considered for dismissal from the program and shall meet with our staff to discuss disciplinary action.
• Cheerleading is a team sport and in order to have the best team possible, every member needs to be present at all times.
• Tardiness is defined by 15 minutes late to practice or games.
• Excessive tardiness or absences will result in dismissal from our competition program.
Practice Dress Code
• NEW white cheer Sneakers should be worn indoor practices and competitions.
• OLD white cheer Sneakers should be worn to outdoor practices and games
• We ask that your child carry their sneakers into indoor practices so that outside dirt doesn’t get on our beautiful (and expensive) cheer mats. We recommend they wear some sort of flip flops or slides and change when they get inside.
• All cheerleaders should have their name on the inside of their sneakers.
• No wearing just sports bras with shorts. Sports bras can and should be worn UNDER tanks and t-shirts.
• Cheerleaders should wear properly fit clothing. No baggy clothes, no hooded sweatshirts, no jeans, and no clothes with any sort of button or zipper.
• NO JEWELRY! Wearing jewelry of any kind could result in injury to your child or another.
• All cell phones are considered a distraction and should be left on silent away from the practice area.
• Fingernails should be short and polish free. No fake fingernails are allowed.
Game Dress Code
• Full uniforms should be worn for all games, unless otherwise noted. Full uniform includes uniform top, uniform skirt, black briefs, white socks, white sneakers, hair in high ponytail, and game bow. No bra straps, or tank tops should be showing. Same rules apply as at practice, no jewelry, no nail polish please.
• Any child coming before or staying after their assigned game should bring a change of clothes.
• It is inappropriate for cheerleaders to walk around with their uniform unbuttoned, skirt folded, etc. Any cheerleader spotted wearing a uniform in an inappropriate way will be asked to change immediately
• Cheerleaders are not allowed to eat or drink while in uniform. (Water only please)
Thank you for all you do. Our cheerleaders and parents already do such a great job following our organization rules and we really appreciate it! Thank you for being the best cheer parents ever!
WE ARE – MONROE!!!