SOUTH BRUNSWICK VIKING SWIMMING TEAM RULES:
1. As a member of an interscholastic team, you are required to be at all practices and all meets. Your obligation is to be at practice every day. All other activities such as medical appointments, should be planned around your practice schedule. If there is any conflict, the, the only way you will be excused from practice is if you speak to the Head Coach directly. Attendance will be taken each day.
Unexcused absences will not be tolerated. If you have an unexcused absence from practice the day before a meet, you will no be permitted to compete in that meet unless you have permission from the Head Coach.
Excessive unexcused absences will limit your participation in competitions and may lead to your dismissal from the team.
2. You will not be allowed to practice with the team until all permission slip/physical forms are completed and turned into the nurses office. They must also be cleared by the school doctor.
3. We will be leaving for practice immediately after school. Do not miss the bus. We will not wait for long periods of time for anyone! On days their is no school, be at the high school 30 minutes before the scheduled practice time.
4. If you are absent from school you are not allowed to practice that day. If you are absent from school the day of a meet, you cannot participate in that meet. If you are absent for reasons other than illness your particpation must be approved by the Athletic Director.
5. If you are absent from practice the day before a meet, you will not be able to compete in that meet unless the absence has been approved by the Head Coach. Your attendance at practice will determine your eligibility to compete in meets.
6. Injuries should be reported to one of the coaches immediately so that proper action can be taken. If you are injured and unable to practice, you should come to practice and meets anyway to show your support of the team.
7. You must be in school on time for homeroom on the day of a competition. If you think there is a problem, please speak to the Head Coach.
8. All members of the team must travel to and from all meets on the bus provided by the Board of Education. Only your parents can pick you up from a meet. Your parents must give written notice to one of the coaches before they may take you home from a meet. You are not allowed to go with anyone besides your parents or guardians.
9. You are responsible for having your meet suit, cap, goggles, towels, and any other equipment you need for practice and meets.
10. Always act in a mature and responsible manner while representing SBHS. Failure to do so could mean suspension or removal from the team.
11. Anyone who is swimming for a club team and has practice conflicts must speak to Coach Harding directly about their practice schedule. Anyone swimming for a club must make a minimum of 1 practice per week. All swimmers must be at 6 team practices before they may compete. This is a state rule and there are no exceptions. Club swimmers will also need to provide Coach Harding with practice and meet schedules as well as contact information for their club coach. Exceptions can be made, but must be appproved by Coach Harding.