Last Updated: July 24, 2014

Follow Us
Fan Shop

Join Our EMail List
Visitor Counter
18,602


Excela Health

2.11.2014 Gridiron Meeting Minutes

Meeting Called to order by Butch @ 7:00pm

Board Members present: Butch Hantz , Dave Larkin, Dave Novello, Michelle Sylvania, Diane Armstrong and Karin Yesho.

Minutes read and approved.

Old Business:

Banquet Sign in SheetButch is looking for the sign in sheet from all of the players.  Open.

Remind 101:       Butch has set up Remind101 on his cell phone for mass messages. This will be utilized for parent notifications during season.  Closed

Football Sign-ups: Awaiting the announcement of new football coach to move forward.   (Open)

Football Spikes:  Awaiting appointment of new coach for plans/budget.  (Open)

Spirit Wear:  Dave N. brought a pricelist from Billy’s Silk Screening vendor. When compared to last year’s price list, all items were at a cheaper cost.  Dave to bring some clothing samples to next month’s meeting.    (Open)

Senior signs: If we change clothing vendor, will lose free signs from previous vendor.  Dave to inquire with potential new vendor availability of signs or “fat heads” for seniors. Butch to reach out to Mike Bobula (president of boys basketball) for the vendor of their senior signs. (Open)

Team Moms:  Need to be picked for all grades.  Two moms for 7/8th grade team (one from each grade level), 2 moms for 9th grade, and 3 moms for varsity, one from each grade level. (Open)

Central Mailbox:  Unanimous vote to obtain a P.O. Box from Latrobe Post Office. Karin to complete the application process and obtain 3 keys.   (Open)

New Football Coach:  To be announced at February 18th School Board meeting. 

TV.s in concession stand:  Butch to speak to Mark Mears (open)

Equipment in new concession stand: Butch to speak with Mark Mears (open)

Pepsi Contract: Dave spoke with representative from Pepsi who will fax a price list to Dave to present at next meeting. (Open)

 

 

 

 

New Business:

 

Parent information packet:  Need to work on a parent packet for distribution at the sign ups.  Packet of information to include parent volunteer commitment, Remind 101, list of current board members, list of team moms.  (Open)

 

Community Involvement:  Dave L. led discussion of needing a way of attracting more people to games. 

 

Senior Scholarship:  Brief discussion on a senior scholarship and this being the year Zach Colucci would have graduated.  Ways of incorporating Zach into the season? Would need to speak to his parents for permission.  (Open)

 

Banquet Awards:  Brief discussion on possibility of incorporating different awards into banquet i.e. sportsmanship, leadership

 

Financial Report:  Roughly $27, 000 in account. There are at least 2 outstanding bills.

 

 

 

 

Meeting adjourned at 7:55pm.

Next meeting 3/11/14 @ 7:00.  Touchdown Club.

 

Respectfully submitted.

 

Karin Yesho

Previous Board meeting minutes can be found on the Handouts page

Gridiron Gang Meeting

When: March 5, 2013 and March 19, 2013 Time: 7:00 PM
Where: Touchdown Club (downstairs)

Greater Latrobe Wildcat Gridiron Gang

2013 Kick-off meeting of the Grid Iron Gang

Date – 02/12/13

Time - 7:00 pm

Location – Touchdown Club

Type of meeting

Monthly meeting

Facilitator

Christine Luther

Note taker

David Larkin

Attendees

Christine Luther    x    Sheri Rohrabaugh  x     Diane Armstrong   x    David Larkin     x

 

Joe Mucci     x     Gerald Halula     x   Michele Sylvania     x     Mark Boerio   x   Trish Boerio

 

Todd Gustafson     x     Joe Eisaman           Tony Kovatch       x     Butch Hantz      x

Additional Attendees

Coach Ray Ritz, Coach Ryan Ritz, Coach Sylvania, Coach Armstrong, Coach Mic,( Glenn Jones, wife and

 

Son)

 

 

Fundraising Committee’s

Fundraising Event

Assigned lead

Estimated

Forecast

Golf Outing

Todd /David /Tony / Joe

2K

10K

Gun Bash

Mark &  Trish Boerio

 

 

Steeler Raffle

Butch Hantz

10K

 

Steeler Nite

Butch Hantz

 

 

Concession Stand

Butch Hantz

12K

 

Program

Gerald Halula

8K

 

Coupon Book

Christine Luther / David Larkin

4K

 

Sub Sales & Car Wash

Sheri Rohrabaugh

3K

 

50/50

Butch Hantz

6K

 

Kids Camp

Sheri Rohrabaugh

 

 

Vera Bradley

Sheri Rohrabaugh

 

 

 

 

 

 

Totals

 

45K

 

 

 

 

 

Item 1-2  Website update

Discussion

Add Facebook link, Promote handout and add procedures of players who lettered to website.  

 

Add concession stand sign ups to website

Conclusions

 

 

Action Items

Person Responsible

Completed

Christine Luther will update Grid Iron Gang website

Christine Luther

02/12/13

           

 

Item 1-8 Establish a scholarship Program

Discussion

We should setup a $500 senior scholarship program.  Best leader, contribution to the team and community etc.

Possible in honor of Zach Collucci

Conclusions

Everyone is ok with this and it will be adopted -  Need to find lead

 

Action Items

Person Responsible

Completed

What do we want to name the Scholarship program, who will lead the   

?????????????????

 

 

       

 

Item 2-1   Removal of former signors on account

Discussion

Remove Dan Finley and Gerry Halula as signatures on bank account.  Add Christine Luther (President) and Diane Armstrong (Treasurer) as signatures on bank. Completed

Also discussed two signatures on checks.  Rejected, too difficult to get done when money is needed.

Conclusions

All in attendance and approved

 

Action Items

Person Responsible

Completed

Diane Armstrong to get bank approval

Diane Armstrong

02/12/13

 

       

 

Item 2-5 

Discussion

Need to discuss topics with Mark Mears

1.   Would like to have student to help us with our website

2.   Would like to have a student to attend meeting to help us setup school event to improve school spirit.

3.     Where could we have bonfires at school the night before games.

4.     Need 2 or 3 students for production class.  School project – Film development of field, lifting, of summer camps, double   sessions, practices, games etc.  and make final video

5.   What forms must kids fill out or parents for kids to play.  Need to add it to our website

6.   Plan to attend March meeting, Like to have it at school auditorium.

7.   Can we use the auto phone message to inform parents about Marches meeting?

Conclusions

 

 

Action Items

Person Responsible

Deadline

Discussion with Mark

David Larkin

 

       

 

Item 2-6  

Discussion

Topics to discuss with Coach

1.   Coach staff is not to collect any fundraising money from any player

2.   Need sign-up sheets for lifting.  Need contacts of parents who’s kids are lifting

3.   Want to have a Kid camp, run by the coaches and players in summer

4.   What is your budget this year for 7 on 7, coaches etc, etc.

5.   Is there anything that we are missing in the budget

6.   Do you think we should re-instate 9th grade football after this year? Considering the low kid count.

7.   Need the phone number of the Football card guy. 

8.    

Conclusions

 

 

Action Items

Person Responsible

Deadline

Discussion with Coach

David Larkin

02/12/13

       

 

Item 2-9 

Discussion

Senior Night

 

Conclusions

 

 

Action Items

Person Responsible

Sheri Rohrabaugh

Completed

 

 

 

 

       

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Item 2-12 

Discussion

Create invite, emails and agenda for Marchs meeting with GIG committees, parents and all coaches.  Create power point showing new development going in and how it will be used.  

 

Conclusions

Need to move date to April (Everyone confirmed, attempting to make April our parent invite day.)

 

Action Items

Person Responsible

Officers

Completed

 

 

 

 

 

Item 2-13 

Discussion

7th and 8th grade kids come to banquet at year end.  They don’t get recognized individually only as a team, but they are part of the dinner.  

 

Conclusions

Everyone is in agreement that next year 7-8 grade players are invited to the banquet.  They will get small gifts

But will not be individually recognized because of time restrains.

Action Items

Person Responsible

Sheri Rohrabaugh

Completed

No action taken

 

02/12/13

 

       

 

Item 3-1 

Discussion

Gerry requesting $1,500 for tax return

 

Conclusions

All members approve

 

Action Items

Person Responsible

Completed

 

Gerry Halula

02/12/13

       

 

Item 3-2

Discussion

Senior Camp – Need to discuss

 

Conclusions

 

 

Action Items

Person Responsible

Completed

 

 

 

       

 

Item 3-3

Discussion

Need to be prepared for Handout for April – Spirit wear, signup sheets for committees, etc, etc.

Lets pick a day in April and prepare for the meeting.

Conclusions

 

 

Action Items

Person Responsible

Completed

 

 

 

       

 

 

 

 

Item 3-4 

Discussion

Changing Marches meeting dates to add an additional day in March to prepare for Aprils meeting with

Mark Mears, coaches, parents and players.  New dates are March 5th and 9th.

Conclusions

 

 

Action Items

Person Responsible

Christine Luther

Completed

All approved

Board

 

       

 

Item 3-5 

Discussion

Discussion of having a coaches corner on website.  Comments etc. etc.

 

Conclusions

 

 

Action Items

Person Responsible

Christine Luther

Completed

 

 

 

       

 

Item 3- 6 

Discussion

Someone needs to go the Latrobe Bulletin and make the announcement for the upcoming event in April

 

Conclusions

 

 

Action Items

Person Responsible Mark Boerio

Completed

 

 

 

       

 

Item 3-7 

Discussion

Ask Mark Mears to give us an outline of what he wants to discuss for Aprils meeting

 

Conclusions

 

 

Action Items

Person Responsible

Christine Luther

Completed

 

 

 

       

 

Item 3-8 

Discussion

Setup a meeting with Latrobe Youth Football program and Unity Cowboys to discuss possibly combining

Teams.

Conclusions

 

 

Action Items

Person Responsible

Completed

 

 

 

       

 

 

 

 

 

 

Item 3-9

Discussion

Need to redo paw prints to the stadium

 

Conclusions

 

 

Action Items

Person Responsible

Completed

 

 

 

       

 

Item 3- 10

Discussion

Can some of the players come down and help midgets.  Both teams.

 

Conclusions

 

 

Action Items

Person Responsible

Completed

 

 

 

       

 

Item 3-11 

Discussion

Coach discussed some expenses for the program. (Tony Damayo $3,500.00  2 days) (Youngstown 7 on 7)

(need speedsacks)

Conclusions

 

 

Action Items

Person Responsible

Completed

 

 

 

powered by LeagueLineup.com

Greater Latrobe Wildcats Gridiron Gang