1. What is age cut off date?
League age is determined as of April 30th.
2. Where are games and practices held?
Practices are held at a school or park in the Fort Washington/Oxon Hill/Clinton/Temple Hills area. We try to use Tucker Rd as our home field for games. Occasionally, we may have games at Cosca Park. Teams may travel to DC and/or Charles County for away games.
3. How often do teams practice?
There will be a combination of 3 practices/games during the week, usually working out to be two evenings during the week, and then on a Saturday.
4. What times are practices and games?
During the week practices begin at 6:00pm, and generally last about 2 hours. Coaches may also schedule a practice on a Saturday depending on their schedule. Weekday games also begin at 6:00pm, and we ask all players to arrive at game site by 5:30pm. Weekend start times are typically between 10:00am - 1:00pm.
5. How long is the season?
The regular season begins in mid-April and runs through mid-June. Kids 9 years old & up typically compete in a post season tournament that is held in July.
6. What is included in my registration fee?
Your registration fee includes a regular season jersey and a hat. The jersey must be returned at the end of the season. Your registration fee also covers the cost of league operations, such as team equipment, field permits, end-of-season trophies, opening day ceremonies, and liability insurance.
7. What do I need to buy?
You will need to purchase baseball pants, socks, and a belt. Baseball cleats with rubber/plastic spikes will also be necessary for ages 7-12. Metal spikes are permitted (but not required) at age 13 & up.
8. Will there be softball?
Whether we field a softball team will be determined by the number of girls that sign up to play. Generally, we can keep the boys & girls together up until about age 11-12.
9. What if I don't live in the league boundary area?
If you do not reside within the league boundary, then your child must go to a school within the boundary in order to participate. Click here to the SPGLL boundary area.
10. What is your refund policy?
- From the time you register until evaluations are held (3/12/16) you are entitled a 100% refund, minus processing fees.
- From evaluations until Opening Day, you are entitled to a 50% refund.
- After Opening Day, no refunds will be issued.