Minutes from Jan. 30th Meeting at BFSC
Attending: Tony Chaney, Gil Aguirre, Dan Underwood, Craig Queen, Kelvin Reagan, Brian Pate, Jeff Patterson, Tim Painter, Anthony Canterberry, Terry Robinson, Kevin Bowman, Eddie Horne, Christine Horne, Scott VanPelt, Rhonda VanPelt, Sharon Gibson, Guy Dorfmeister, Mark Yount and Sirdal Bradley.
• Opened with a prayer from Scott VanPelt.
• Announced the 2012 Board for Belmont Optimist, Craig Queen- President, Dan Underwood – Vice President, Tony Chaney- Secretary/Treasurer.
• Special Message from Anthony Canterberry who has returned from his tour of duty and presented us with a framed flag that was flow on Christmas Day 2011 and his units ensignia. Thank you Anthony for your service.
• Discussed open positions that we are looking for volunteers, Fundraising and concessions.
• Reviewed upcoming calendar, March meeting will be Optimist of the Year for 2011, April 2nd Oratorical Contest at Belmont Foursquare Church, May “Belmont Police Officer of the year 2011.
• Tony updated us on our account balance and we discussed paying dues early this year to help cover our quarterly dues. Please call, email, text or send smoke signals to Tony to find out your status on dues. Rhonda VanPelt asked if we could send out notices to existing members. We will look into doing that.
• Our big goal this year is to get a hookup for septic so that we can build bathrooms and have running water. Kelvin is checking with Duke Power to see if we can hook on to them, if not Terry will start with Gaston County to survey for septic. Craig will follow up with Jill from “Garden Park Toll Road” to verify field is still not going to be affected.
• Update on sports- Basketball – Gil and Kevin B. said season going great had 380 kids participate. Coaches game this Saturday Feb. 4th, this is a fund raiser for Belmont Optimist so please come out and support. Baseball- Sign up start Feb. 1 and go through Feb. 11th. Football- Nothing new to report. Cheerleading – Nothing new to report.
• Everyone interested in coaching baseball or football needs to let me know so that the Athletic Board can start placing coaches and working on any certifications required by Pop Warner. We would like to have the coaches decided on by March.
• Open Discussions
• Gil suggested that we do a “Dunking Booth” a city festival for a fundraising idea.