Majors District All-Star Team – Dick Moore, Mgr.
Mid-Atlantic Regional Tourney Recap
Brandywine came home from the Little League Mid-Atlantic Regional Tournament in Bristol, Conn., after an 8-3 loss to Toms River, New Jersey. The All-Stars finished pool play at 0-4 but fought hard and can take pride in a great All-Star season run.
In Game 3, after Danny Bannon knocked Logan Watson home to tie the game in the bottom of the 6th inning, the Railroaders from Brunswick, Maryland, scored a run in the top of the 8th inning to defeat Brandywine 5-4.
On Sunday, Brandywine lost to Council Rock Newtown of Pennsylvania, 11-4, scoring on homers from Danny Bannon, Ian Campbell and Kevin Williams.
In Game 1 on Friday, after an Ian Campbell home run in the first inning, Stony Point of New York, then shut down Brandywine on way to an 11-1 victory.
Delaware State Tourney Recap
Logan Watson pitched five shutout innings and Kevin Williams hit a home run to lead Brandywine over Millsboro 3-0 and advance to the Little League Mid-Atlantic Regional Tournament in Bristol, Connecticut. Click here for an article and pics from the game by the News Journal
In Brandywine's first State matchup, P.J. Groome hit a 3-run home run and pitched 3+ innings of shut-out relief to lead the Brandywine Majors All-Stars to a 8-7 come-from-behind victory in eight innings over MOT. After walks to Shane Oakes and Dallas Russell in the eighth, Jason Bilous ended the game on a shot past MOT's 2nd baseman. Joseph Singley added three hits for Brandywine including a single, double and triple.
Majors District Team Recap
6-1 (District Champs)
- July 21 -- Defeated Naamans 12-7 to take the District 2 title and advance to the state tourney
- July 19 -- Overcome a 4-run deficit to win in the bottom of the 6th, 7-5. Logan Watson hit the winning home-run. Jimmy Lamiet got the win in relief.
- July 17 -- Majors shut out Newark National, to avenge their only earlier loss, and advance to the Championship round against undefeated Naamans. Brandywine must win two games to win the District title.
- July 15 - Majors defeated Canal 8-1 to continue its march
- July 12 - Majors All-Stars returned to form defeating Newark American 18-0 in four innings
- July 9 - After a couple weeks off, the Majors lost to Newark National 5-3
- June 26 - Majors All-Stars defeated Stanton 25-0