NWLL Coaching Requirements
NWLL is committed to provide a superior youth sports experience for its players and families. The game of baseball provides an excellent opportunity to learn life lessons of team-work, sportsmanship and develop self-improvement skills while having fun. NWLL recognizes that its Coaches are the lifeblood of the League. In an effort to foster the best possible environment for NWLL players and families, the league will require coaches to:
1. Have a criminal background check completed annually (performed by NWLL)
2. Initially, be certified by The Positive Coaching Alliance, completing the Double-Goal Coaching I course.
3. Annually, thereafter, complete one coaches training course, offered through the Positive Coaching Alliance, Kids Sports Network, or similar Coach Training Organization
4. NWLL strongly recommends continuation in the Positive Coaching Alliance Curriculum, including Double-Goal Coaching Courses #2 and #3.
NWLL Coach Registration Instructions
In order to apply to coach at Northwest Little League, you MUST register through NWLL’s SportsPilot registration system and be approved by the NWLL Board and/or coaching selection sub-committee.
NWLL and its affiliated entities reserve the right to accept or deny a coaching application in their sole discretion and for any and all reasons. Coaching applications must be submitted on an annual basis and approval in prior years do not constitute acceptance in any future years.
If you already have a Family Account/Profile in the system, you may log-in by selecting the following link and register as a coach by following the steps below.
If you are new to NWLL and/or do not have an existing Family Profile in the SportsPilot system, you will need to first create a new Family Account/Profile and then register yourself as a coach by following the steps below.
Existing Family Profile/Account
1) After you have selected the above link, you will be able to log in with your user name and password. If you do not remember these, please select “Forgot Username or Password” and you will be provided instructions on how to retrieve this information.
2) Once logged in, you will be presented with your Family Account/Profile page. On this page, you will see the Parent/Guardians associated with this account. To the left of each Parent/Guardian name, you will see a button that reads “Register Coach.” Select that button for the name of the person that would like to apply for consideration.
3) After selecting this button, you will be presented with the sport you’d like to coach in the current season (e.g. Baseball or Softball). Please select the appropriate sport.
4) From there, you will be prompted to select the division in which you’d like to apply to coach (e.g. T-ball, AAA, Majors, etc…). Please select the appropriate league.
5) Once the league is selected, you will need to review and accept our Terms of Service. Click I “Agree”.
6) This will take you to the Individual Registration form. All required information must be provided. You do not need to input your Social Security # here, as if you are selected to coach, you will be asked for this at a later date to complete your mandatory criminal background check.
7) When you have completed your registration form, you will be allowed to check out and complete your registration.
PLEASE NOTE: Your registration to coach is free and you will receive an automated registration completion notice upon your checkout. To validate your identity, we ask you input a valid credit card to complete the process. NO CHARGE WILL BE MADE TO YOUR CARD. We just use this for verification purposes.
New to NWLL and/or Do Not Have Existing Family Account/Profile
1. If new to the SportsPilot system, you must first create a Family Account/Profile. Use the following link and select “Create a New Account”
2. Then, please follow the instructions to establish your new profile. Once your family profile is set up, you may follow the instructions above (steps 1-7 for existing families) and complete your registration
NWLL and its affiliated entities reserve the right to accept or deny a coaching application in their sole discretion and for any and all reasons.
If you have any questions, or are having trouble with your coaching registration, please contact our director of coaching.