"TEAM stands for Together Everyone Accomplishes More"
Through August 18th practices will be held on Monday, Tuesdays and Thursdays from roughly 6:15 to 8:15, (individual coaches may adjust this time, but it will be within 15 minutes of these times).
Each cheerleader needs to come to practice in their practice clothes one day a week (to be determined). On other days, they need to be in athletic wear, including shoes.
• No flip flops or open toed shoes, they must be able to run and jump.
• NO Buttons or zippers on the clothing except for sweats in the Fall
• NO Jewelry, even plastic or play jewelry
• NO Food once practice begins, including gum.
• Please have their hair “up” or pulled back so that it is not in their faces.
If you choose to participate in sideline cheer only, then beginning sometime after August 18th, you will practice one day a week, that day will be determined by the head coach.
Football games take place on Saturdays and, once the season begins, it is EVERY Saturday until Thanksgiving. It is important for the girls to come to each game and to be on time. The schedule will not be out until August; your team mom will get it to you as soon as the league gives it to us.
The registration money you have already paid covers the practice clothes, “sleeves”, bow and briefs. The uniform is $50 and fittings will take place during the first 30 minutes of the Wednesday night clinics. They must be paid for at the time of fitting.
The cheer coaches have agreed on sweats that will be offered for sale. They are not mandatory, but we encourage you to consider the purchase, they will be approximately $60. The girls will be allowed to wear the team warm ups at games when it gets cooler out. They are also available in adult sizes.
There are additional costs which your team mom and coaches will go over with each team individually, much of which can be reduced through fundraising events.
Homecoming at the park is a huge fundraising event. We will have a Friday night “pep rally” and Saturday each team will set up a booth to sell items. We will not have a date until the football game schedule is released, but the team moms will let you know as soon as possible.
• May 30th Wednesday night free clinics begin
• July 18th-22nd Football and Cheer Camp
• July 25th First day of practice
• August 11th is the deadline for signing up for competition
Dates to be announced:
• First game will be the beginning of September (again the schedule is not out, this is based on past years.)
• Picture Day
• Opening Ceremonies
South Cherokee Cheer has been the leading competitive recreation cheer organization for over 15 years. We have consistently brought the most innovative, difficult and entertaining routines to competitions, and are well known in the area as “the teams to beat”!
We have racked up dozens of first place and Grand Champion awards along with Spirit and Most Entertaining. As a football/cheer park, our cheer program is every bit as competitive as the football side of the house!
Our competition teams are strictly by age just as our football program, there are no tryouts everyone is welcome! No experience is required or special skills.
Our coaches are all parents if you are interested in getting involved contact the Cheer director or Football director for more information.
Competition Cheer requires that all the girls be at practice, this is a team sport, so if one is missing it is very difficult for the team to have a full practice. Beginning around September the competition practice is moved to an indoor location, which will be determined by the head coach.
• Only two competition practices can be missed
• In order to qualify as a recreation team the girls must cheer sidelines, participation is required
• Two tardies equals One missed practice
• Communication by team moms and coaches will be email, you must have access to email or make arrangements with another parent to communicate information to you.
Competition is extremely rewarding, but also a great deal of work.
If you have never participated in competition, please feel free to talk to any of the coaches prior to making your decision.
It is a lot of work and a time commitment; however most of the girls here say it is their favorite part of cheering at SCRA. Your coaches will have a great deal more information about competition, but please keep in mind once you commit, the team is counting on each girl to be at practice and to see the season through to the end, which is usually the middle of November.
||SCRA Redskins Youth Football and Cheer