Tecolote Managers Expectations
Tecolote managers should make every effort to...
· Create a safe and caring environment for players to learn, practice and play.
· Become familiar with current coaching and teaching techniques.
· Be kind and approachable.
· Provide all players the opportunity to learn and to play.
· Demonstrate good health habits and physical fitness.
· Make every player feel an important part of the team.
· Be knowledgeable of the rules of the game.
· Set clear and reasonable expectations.
· Set reachable goals.
· Be courteous and polite.
· Use good judgment as to when and how to discipline.
· Teach the fundamentals of the game.
· Be positive in situations where there seems to be failure.
· Be fair to all players.
· Share ideas and expertise with other managers in the league.
· Demonstrate poise, self-control and self-confidence.
· Ensure that all the players are instructed on safety.
· Warm up the players before every practice and game.
· Support the work of league organizers and volunteers.
· Be honest to my players and won't be afraid to admit my mistakes.
· Maintain dignity of the person I may be in conflict with.
· Be open-minded.
· Model of good sportsmanship.
· Understand that progress and growth often comes one small step at a time.
· Understand that players improve at different rates.
· Communicate appropriately with players and parents.
· Be a good role model.
· Model a high level of respect for umpires.
· Remember that the game is for the players.
Tecolote Youth Baseball