11 and 12
2000 and 2001
Spring and Fall
Girls continue to compete in the North County Competitive Girls Fastpitch Softball League. Pitchers and catchers become increasingly important. Girls transitions to the larger 12 inch ball and the pitching distance is extended to 43’. In addition, players are now allowed to steal home, the dropped 3rd strike and infield fly rules are also in effect. Pitching logs are required and teams play a 12-14 game regular season culminating in a season ending two week elimination tournament. For more information about schedules, rules, standings, and directions to county fields, please visit the North County Site: www.nccgsl.org.
It is a requirement of the NCCGSL league for programs to have parity in its teams, both in age and ability. Therefore, it is important that each player attend as many of the placements/tryouts and age group collective practices to satisfy this requirement. Tryouts/Placements will be in February/March and practices will begin in March.
Spring Season: Cost $117 softball + $13 CAC Facility Fee (sport total = $130) plus annual $75 CAC Family fee
Spring Season Time Commitment:
• Late February thru Late June
• Practices and Games: Mondays, Thursdays, Saturdays; Weekday and Frequency determined by coach
• Optional Winter Clinics start in January
• Games: Half in Crofton, Half in Mid and Northern Anne Arundel County
Fall Season: Cost $80
Fall Season Time Commitment:
• Labor Day through end of October
• Practices: Weekday and Frequency are determined by the coach
• Games: Sundays at 1 pm or 3 pm; Half in Crofton, Half in Middle to Northern Anne Arundel County
• Rubber Cleats
• Mouth Guard/Face mask are recommended, but not mandatory
• Bringing your own batting helmet is recommended for health and safety reasons, though CAC can provide upon request.
Spring Uniform: Jersey, pants, socks and visor are provided
Fall Uniform: Jersey and visor - Provided by CAC