Mission - Support Springfield Wrestling with 100% focus on 100% of the kids
The Grappler Club is a parent run high school booster club that supports Springfield Wrestling. The Grappler Club provides spirit and financial support to make wrestling a first class experience for each and every kid kid. The club has a core group of parents who are nominated and meet once a month from Sept through May. The club was originated to support Springfield High School wrestling but we also work closely with the middle school and the Springfield Athletic Association to promote wrestling in the Springfield community.
All high school familes are asked to join the club with a $75 membership fee (Very low compared to the other HS major sports programs). Parents are also asked to support some limited fund raising which is important to keep our dues low. All money raised is used directly for the benefit of the high school wrestlers. The Grappler Club augments school district funding to provide to make the program first class of our kids.
As a member of the Grappler Club, what do I receive?
Grappler Club membership typically entitles the wrestler to the following:
1. Wrestler year end banquet. Last year the banquet was held at Anthony's and included a full buffet dinner and beverages with wait staff served dessert and coffee
2. Year end Grappler Club gift. Gifts such as sweat shirts, bags, or pants have been given over the years
3. Coaches Gifts. Rather than ask for seperate contributions from families for coaches & trainer gifts, these are included in your membership
4. Awards. All wrestlers are eligible to receive awards. All awards such as Most Valuable, Most Improved, Coaches' Award, etc are funded by the Grappler Club
5. Team & Individual Portrait Picture. Each wrestler receives a professional team and individual photograph.
6. Scrapbook/Pictures. Wrestlers receive year end books that contain team news, newspaper articles, and all action pictures on CD along with some prints .
7. H.S. wrestlers also receive a team slide show DVD set to music
8. Seniors also receive a special senior photo collage
9. General Program support. The Grappler Club has financially supported the team by funding tournaments, banners, uniforms, DVD cameras, assistant coaching contributions, and other items in the past. The Club writes articles and maintains the Website to share team information and to promote wrestling in Springfield. The Grappler Club also sponsors ETR, SAA, and Senior nights at the high school.
The Grappler Club also sponsors a scholarship that is available to graduating seniors. Any senior wrestler is eligible to apply for this award. The requirements and guidelines are posted below. The winning wrestler(s) are selected by the coaching staff.
PLEASE GIVE YOUR SUPPORT. Get dues in on time (Jan 31) and please get involved and help out with fund raising. Please use "Contacts" to get further information on how you can help. THANKS!