NFL HSPD Mission Statement
The NFL High School Player Development program addresses challenges facing high school football programs across the country. HSPD serves as a free resource for both high school player and coaches. The program emphasizes safety and concussion awareness, character development and life skills, and football fundamentals.
Overview of Program:
- Camps are ENTIRELY FREE and include 5 sessions
- Participants receive a 13-month HSPD Student Planner while coaches receive the matching HSPD Coach Planner (which includes the character development curriculum)
- Coaches also receive an HSPD Instructional DVD and Practice Plan (which explains how each football session should be run)
During the 1st session of camp, Site Managers cover the following:
- Concussion Awareness (Center for Disease Control (CDC) information is included in planners)
- NCAA Guidelines (NCAA information is included in planners)
- Time Management along with at least 4 other life skills topics
- During the remaining four sessions, participants are taught football fundamentals for one offensive and one defensive position (which are assigned prior to the camp)
There is a 10:1 participant to coach ratio at the camp
At the Conclusion of our 5 day HSPD Program particpants have an opportunity to particpate HSPD 7-on-7 Tournament with opportunity to represent an NFL team at Nationals
7-on-7 Mission Statement
The NFL's National 7-on-7 Tournament provides high school football players that have completed the HSPD program a platform to compete in non-contact 7-on-7 play against other top players from around the country. As an extension of the HSPD program, the all expense paid event includes character development sessions as well. The event lasts 4 days and 3 nights - typically a Thursday through Sunday in July.
- Each team consists of 12 players and 2 coaches, with 7 players on the field at one time
- Teams compete in round-robin format prior to being seeded to play in an elimination tournament
- Each player participates in character development training through speaker series, breakout sessions, and group activities
- Each game is 20 minutes long with a three minute halftime (The last two mins of each half is real time)
- The field is 40 yards long with a 10 yard end zone
To qualify to represent a market in the National Tournament, each player will have completed the NFL HSPD program which includes the character development program.
For more information on having your high school team participate in this FREE NFL supported program please contact our
Director of Football Operations:
Clay Jackson @ email@example.com or 415-691-PASS (7277)