Shark River Lacrosse Spring 2016 Programs
SRL will be offering two types of programs this Spring
Soft Lacrosse and Equipment Lacrosse
Soft Lacrosse, this non-contact program is open to Boy's and Girl's grades K -1. Participants are taught the fundamentals of lacrosse via station drills and relay races. The only equipment players need is a stick (we have sticks to borrow if needed). Soft lacrosse will take place on Sunday mornings (9-10:00) starting in April and run 5 consecutive Sundays (skipping Mother's Day). Location: Boy's @ Maclearie Park in Belmar, Girl's @ Marucci Park in Spring Lake. Participant's get a Shark River Lacrosse T-Shirt. (Note- if your child is in 1st grade and want to get into actual game play we strongly suggest the 1/2 grade clinic.)
Equipment Lacrosse (Boy's and Girl's), as the name suggest, particpants in this program wear full equipment(not provided). Equipment Lacrosse is broken down in to three offerings based on grade (please note while SRL older programs play a TRAVEL team schedule we welcome players of all skill levels (beginner to experienced), players will be placed on teams where our coach's feel they will excel the most based on their ability.
1) 1&2 Grade Equipment, similar to Soft Lacrosse the focus here is fundamentals as well as gets into game play. Game play is mostly in-house, that said during the season will also try and play against some surrounding towns. Season riuns April through May and will be held mostly on Sunday mornings with occaisional practices thrown in.
Location: Boy's @ Maclearie Park in Belmar, Girl's @ Marucci Park in Spring Lake.
Highlights of the 3-8 grade program- "the best deal around!"
1) 8 weeks of indoor training at Goodsports starting January 25, 2015
2) A full game schedule in April/May
3) At least two tournaments for 3/4 grade and at 3 three tournaments for 5-8 grade.
2) 3&4 Grade Equipment, fundamentals and game play are the focus of this program . Participants are put on teams and play a travel schedule against programs from surrounding towns. 3/4 Grade Equipment starts Sunday Feb 1st at Goodsports, teams will practice 8 consecutive Sundays and then on a more regular basis starting in March.
3) 5-8 Grade Equipment, fundamentals and game play continue to be the focus at this level. Participants are put on teams and play a lengthy travel team schedule. 5-8 Grade Equipment starts Sunday Feb 1st at Goodsports, teams will practice 8 consecutive Sundays and on a more regular basis starting in March.
Other cost involved with program:
US Lacrosse Membership
Important note: all particpants in any of our EQUIPMENT programs must also sign up with US Lacrosse, the cost is $25.00(must do so before registering for the season.) Under the menu section of our site click on "US Lacrosse Membership" to signup/renew your membership.
Starting in Spring 2014, particpants in the 3-8th grade programs will BUY their uniforms and keep them. We plan on using the 2014 uniforms for a minimum of two years...so if your child BUYS it this year they will not have to buy it next year(so you might want to order a little bigger then current size). For sizing information, see sizing charts under Main Menu.