West Boca Jaguars Football FAQ’S
1. What type of league are you?
· We are an Pop Warner recreational football league that believes in teaching the fundamentals of football. We have a Mandatory play rule for all players in all games. We believe that players gain even more knowledge of the game by experiencing it during game time and not just practice.
2. What other teams do you play and is there travel?
· We are part of the Gold Coast Pop Warner League and we have the following teams in our league. Parkland Rangers, Boca Braves, Lauderhill Broncos, Pompano Chiefs, Pompano Cowboys, Pompano Eagles, North Pompano Steelers, Deerfield Raiders, Hallandale Beach Chargers and West Park Saints.
3. When does the season start and end for football?
· Our season starts with conditioning camps in starting in June. We then begin team practices in August 1st and have our first game August 27th. Our regular season will conclude in late October. Playoffs begin for teams that make it after regular season.
5. When are practices and games?
· We conduct 3 total practices a week. We have two with full pads and a 3rd (coach’s option) practice which is a walkthrough (helmets/shorts). Our practice days are usually Mon/Wed or a Tues/Thurs combination. We do try to accommodate requests for days from parents. All our games will be played on Saturday’s.
6. Do you utilize weight classes during regular season and tournament season?
· Yes, we now follow Pop Warner weigh rules. (See Website for classes)
7. Are your coaches certified? Background checked?
· Yes, all Head coach’s and assistant coaches are required to get certified through USA Football. We also have our coaches take CPR/First Aid training to get certified. Our league does full background checks on all coaching staffs and volunteers that assist with the children during the season. If you do not have a background check complete, you cannot be on the field or assisting the children at any time.
8. What does the league fee include?
· The league fee covers helmet, practice jersey, practice pants, game jerseys and game pants and team socks.