KPRA BYLAWS in Word Doc.
KENNWORTH PARK GIRLS SOFTBALL
KENNWORTH PARK RECREATION ASSOCIATION BY-LAWS
EFFECTIVE DATE: MAY 17, 2010
ARTICLE I ORGANIZATION
SECTION I - NAME
1) The non-profit organization existing under these bylaws is to be known as Kennworth Park Recreation Association, Cobb County, Georgia, herein also referred to as Kennworth Park Girls Softball.
2) The principal address of Kennworth Park Girls Softball shall be: KPRA, PMB 166, PO Box 801282, Acworth, GA 30101.
3) The physical address of Kennworth Park Girls Softball is: Kennworth Park Girls Softball, 3900 South Main Street, Acworth, GA 30101
SECTION II - PURPOSE
1) The objectives of Kennworth Park Girls Softball shall be to act in cooperation with the Cobb County Parks and Recreation Department in presenting to the community a wholesome youth softball program. The objectives will be achieved by providing supervised competitive athletic programs, subject to the rules and regulations established by Kennworth Park Girls Softball.
2) Kennworth Park Girls Softball will execute youth programs in accordance with the prescribed Cobb County Park use policy manual. Kennworth Park Girls Softball will sign a contract related to the use of the county facility each season. The counties usage requirement may supersede policies set forth in the Kennworth Park Girls Softball Bylaws, Kennworth Park Girls Softball League Rule Book and the sanctioning league rules.
SECTION III - SANCTIONING
1) Kennworth Park Girls Softball is sanctioned by Amateur Softball Association (ASA), Washington, Pa. for regular and post season play.
2) If a change of sanctioning of any league is requested, it must be proposed to the General membership at the annual meeting, and shall be ratified by the membership. This sanctioning shall apply to the regular season rules for the league in the following playing year.
ARTICLE II- GOVERNMENT
SECTION I - POLICY
1) All matters concerning interpretation of the bylaws, and matters of finance of
Kennworth Park Girls Softball shall be decided by a vote of the Board of Directors, and
no motion shall be carried without a favorable vote from a majority of 50% + 1 of the
Board members at a duly constituted meeting.
2) The Kennworth Park Girls Softball Board may remove any member of the Board who
misses excessive announced meetings without providing an acceptable excuse
SECTION II – BYLAWS
1) The By-laws of Kennworth Park Girls Softball may be exclusively amended by a
majority vote of the General Membership in attendance at a duly announced meeting,
providing the following conditions have been met:
a. Notice of the proposed amendment(s)is given to the President or the Secretary
of the Association, thereby constituting notice to the Board of Directors at least
one (1) week prior to the meeting at which the intended vote is to be taken.
b. Said notice shall contain the existing article to be modified, the proposed
modification to be addressed at the meeting at which the vote is to be taken
2) The Board of Directors shall indicate to the membership at said meeting whether or not they approve or disapprove said amendment.
3) The decision of the membership shall be considered final but not to the extent that
another amendment could not be submitted for the purpose of appealing a prior
4) The membership shall be given adequate notice of any meeting that has as its purpose
the revision or amending of the By-laws.
5) The By-laws shall be updated by the Executive Board every 2 years and submitted to Cobb County.
SECTION III - QUORUM
1) A quorum of Executive Board Members shall consist of a majority of 50% + 1 of the Executive Board members at a duly constituted meeting.
SECTION IV - BUDGET COMMITTEE
1) The Budget Committee shall meet and produce a written budget for consideration by all of the Executive Board of Directors, before October 1 of the fiscal year being considered.
2) Wherever possible in the budget, line items should specify the details of the
3) The Budget Committee shall be made up of the Executive Board Members.
SECTION V – REGISTRATION COMMITTEES
1) The Registration committee is responsible for checking the PO Box.
2) The Registration committee is responsible for collecting all fees related to Registration.
SECTION VI - OTHER COMMITTEES
1) The Executive Board may establish other committees. The Executive Board must define the mission and name or approve members of the committee, subject to the
approval of the Executive Board.
SECTION VII- FISCAL YEAR
1) The Kennworth Park Girls Softball fiscal year shall be June 1 through May 31.
SECTION VIII - SUPERVISION
1) The management and supervision of the organization is entrusted to the duly elected
officers functioning in the form of an Executive Board of Directors. All Executive Board members serve on behalf of the membership.
SECTION IX- TERM OF OFFICE
1) The term of office for all Executive Board members shall be one (1) year beginning June 1 and ending on May 31 to coincide with the fiscal year.
SECTION X - EXECUTIVE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
1) The Executive Board of Directors shall be comprised of (9) elected officers and up to fifteen (15) volunteers.
2) Officers are to be elected to the Executive Board of Directors during the month of May each year.
3) The (9) elected officer positions shall comprise the Executive Board: President, Vice
President, Secretary, Treasurer, League Coordinator, Field Manager/Equipment Manager, Concession Coordinator, Team Liaison, and PR/Sponsorship Coordinator.
4) Up to fifteen (15) volunteers will be selected to the Board by the Executive Board.
These positions may include:
a. Team Mom Coordinator
c. All Star Coordinator
d. Website Coordinator
e. Player Representatives
f. Spirit Wear/Uniform Coordinator
5) If a vacancy occurs during term of office, the Executive Board shall nominate and appoint replacement candidates for Executive Board of Directors approval within a 30-day period.
6) If a vacancy occurs in an elected office, the Executive Board shall nominate and appoint someone to fill the vacancy until ratified by the General Membership.
ARTICLE III DUTIES OF OFFICERS
SECTION I - RESPONSIBILITIES PERTAINING TO ALL EXECUTIVE BOARD MEMBERS
1) The Executive Board members shall attend all Board meetings, or if unable to attend, notify the Secretary prior to the meeting.
2) Executive Board members shall be responsible for providing and arranging for a competent individual to assume their responsibilities in the event they will not be available to do so and upcoming events deem it necessary. They shall notify the Secretary and other affected individuals accordingly.
3) All duties not specifically set forth in the by-laws shall be assigned to an appropriate
Board member by the Executive Board.
4) All Executive Board members shall assist with the Park Sponsored Tournaments
SECTION II - PRESIDENT
1) Shall provide Leadership for Kennworth Park Girls Softball.
2) Shall preside at all meetings of Kennworth Park Girls Softball.
3) Shall act as an ex officio member of all committees.
4) Shall vote only to break a tie.
5) Shall sign all contracts of Kennworth Park Girls Softball with the exception of those
contracts reserved for the Treasurer.
6) Shall not override the duties of other officers and Executive Board members, unless lack of action would place Kennworth Park Girls Softball in jeopardy.
7) Shall be authorized to suspend or warn any member, including officers, Executive Board members, managers, and coaches until review by the Executive Board of Directors at a called meeting within seven (7) days of suspension or warning and to bar the suspended person attendance at league fields or activities.
8) Shall be responsible for notifying the Executive Board of Directors in the event he/she will not be available to perform the duties of the office.
9) Shall secure field use contracts (for all game and practice fields) with the appropriate
Cobb County Departments.
10) Shall be responsible for all communication to: ASA, Cobb County Parks and Recreation Department, and other sanctioning organizations.
11) Shall be responsible for reserving the location as to where the monthly Board Meetings are to be held. With this being said, is also responsible for picking up and dropping off the key to this location.
SECTION II - VICE PRESIDENT
1) Shall be responsible for assuming the duties and office of the President if the President is unable to complete his/her term.
2) Shall be responsible for making recommendations concerning the upkeep and safety issues which arise in the park.
3) Shall act as parliamentarian for Kennworth Park Girls Softball.
4) Shall be responsible for the organization and the administration of an annual coaches
5) Shall be responsible for the schedule of all Executive Board Members time to be the Executive Board representative at all functions at Kennworth Park
6) Shall be responsible for obtaining quotes for team pictures, and presenting these quotes to Executive Board for approval.
7) Shall schedule teams for pictures and notify the team parents accordingly.
8) Shall handle distribution of team pictures to the team parents.
9) Shall be responsible for ordering all participation trophies.
10) Responsible for sitting in on Registration Committee.
11) Shall report to the President.
SECTION IV - SECRETARY
1) The Secretary shall have charge of and keep a full and complete record of all
proceedings of all meetings, render documented reports and minutes when called upon
at a meeting, and under direction of the President, handle all correspondence of
Kennworth Park Girls Softball. Minutes shall be maintained for a five (5) year period
and handed over annually to the succeeding Secretary.
2) The Secretary shall be responsible for organizing registration and administering all
information regarding general membership and waiting lists and maintaining the Kennworth Park Girls Softball computer system.
3) Shall be responsible for sending out Meeting reminders.
4) Shall act as Coordinator of the Registration Committee.
5) Shall maintain the Kennworth Park Girls Softball Policy and Procedure Manual which
shall contain current copies of the: Kennworth Park Girls Softball Bylaws, Kennworth
Park Girls Softball League Rule Book, Representatives Handbook, Manager &
6) The Secretary shall report to the President.
SECTION V - TREASURER
1) The Treasurer shall have full charge of all finances and shall see that all moneys are
safely deposited in a local bank(s).
2) The Treasurer shall report in writing at each regular Board meeting and every general
membership meeting the conditions of the finances, with such recommendations as
he/she shall deem appropriate.
3) The Treasurer shall see that all checks are, signed by the Treasurer or Vice President disbursing moneys on behalf of Kennworth Park Girls Softball.
4) The Treasurer shall function as primary business manager for Kennworth Park Girls
Softball. The Treasurer shall approve all contracts with vendors and shall serve as
contract manager on all functions related to the completion and payment of services
rendered by outside vendors.
5) All expenditures over $100.00 must be pre-approved by the Executive Board.
6) The Treasurer shall maintain detailed financial records for a five (5) year period and shall hand them over annually to the succeeding Treasurer – beginning upon the approval of by-laws.
7) The Treasurer at the end of each fiscal year shall submit the financial records to an
audit committee appointed by the President. A written report from the committee shall be submitted to the Executive Board not later than September 30 following said fiscal year.
8) The Treasurer shall be responsible for the: Sponsorship Director & Concession Stand
9) The Treasurer shall obtain regular bi-weekly reports from the Concessions Coordinator.
10) Shall be responsible for updating annual operative license fees and contracts for normal park operations.
11) Shall be responsible for obtaining the Kennworth Park Girls Softball General Liability
Insurance Policy, DNO, and Personal Property Insurance. Also responsible for handling 12) The Treasurer shall report to the President.
SECTION VII – LEAGUE DIRECTOR
1) Shall function as the In-Park Tournament Director.
2) Shall be responsible for conducting the annual skill test for players in each league
which uses a draft. The League Coordinator must include at least one (1) make-up day
for skill test.
3) Shall act as presiding officer for the annual draft. The draft shall be treated as a
confidential matter between the team managers and the Board of Directors.
4) Shall have the authority to suspend any manager or coach whose conduct is deemed
detrimental to the program, upon approval of the Executive Board. This suspension shall last until the Executive Board can review the suspension, but not over seven (7) days.
5) Shall act as Kennworth Park Girls Softball liaison to the umpire association(s) with
which the park contracts.
6) Shall be responsible for all negotiations between and communications with team coaches and league liaison.
7) Shall be responsible for presenting the recommendation for purchases to the Executive Board of Directors, for their approval. Whenever possible all quotations should be in writing from the supplier.
8) Shall be responsible for attending NGFA Registration and meetings.
9) Shall act as Tournament Director.
10) Shall act as liaison to the sanctioning bodies in interpretation of rules and related
11) Shall report to the President.
SECTION VIII - CONCESSIONS COORDINATOR
1) It is the responsibility of the Concessions Coordinator to schedule the parents of the
teams to assist in the duties performed in the concession stand.
2) It is the responsibility of the Concessions Coordinator to devise and implement the
appropriate duties of all persons who engage in the operations of the concessions
stand. These include but not limited to sanitation, schedules, and proper cooking
3) It is the responsibility of the Concessions Coordinator to purchase and keep an inventory of all items needed to operate the concessions stand.
4) It is the responsibility of the Concessions Coordinator to coordinate deposits with the Treasurer.
5) It is the responsibility of the Concessions Coordinator to determine the pricing on all food sales.
SECTION XI - FIELD/EQUIPMENT MANAGER
1) Shall be the liaison with all county and contracted maintenance personnel.
2) Shall be responsible for consistently inspecting the quality and playing condition of all
fields and batting cages throughout the season.
3) Shall inventory and maintain the equipment areas with adequate tools for use on the
4) Shall be responsible for obtaining quotations from competent suppliers for all equipment.
5) Shall purchase such equipment as is approved by the Sanctioning Organizations or
which meet their criteria for safety.
6) Shall purchase the equipment in a timely manner, and with the Player Representatives
shall help distribute equipment to the teams.
7) Shall make recommendations in matters of safety, including equipment, league rules,
and other matters.
8) Shall maintain an inventory of supplies and arrange a method for distribution of
replacement equipment during the season.
9) Shall with the assistance of the Player representatives collect all Kennworth Park Girls Softball equipment at the conclusion of the season. A complete inventory of such
equipment and its condition shall be presented to the Executive Board at the last regular meeting of each fiscal year. A list of all managers who have not turned in equipment shall be presented in writing to the Executive Board.
10) Shall make recommendations in matters of safety including field layout, fencing, batting cages and other related matters.
11) Shall organize field workdays and be available during said workdays to insure that all necessary field improvements are completed.
12) Shall be responsible for annual inspection and budget to be submitted to Executive Board.
13) Shall be responsible for canceling games and practices due to weather conditions.
14) Shall be responsible for organizing field preparation, activities, and equipment.
15) Shall report to the President.
SECTION XII – PUBLIC RELATIONS / SPONSORSHIP DIRECTOR
1) Shall be responsible for the distribution to the general membership of
the park communications.
2) Shall be responsible for promoting Kennworth Park Girls Softball to the local news
3) The Public Relations/Sponsorship Director shall be responsible for coordinating all
promotional activities related to the park and general membership. (i.e. opening day
ceremonies, parades, banquets and celebrity appearances).
4) Shall be responsible for organizing, implementing, and controlling all sponsorship and
5) Shall request Executive Board approval prior to implementing any fundraising activities.
6) Responsible for reporting to Vice President.
SECTION XVIII - LEAGUE LIAISON
1) Shall be responsible for coordinating player representatives for all age groups, parents, and players. All player representatives must report any player or parent issues to him.
2) Shall be responsible for dealing directly with any Parent/Coach/Players issues and injuries and insurance
3) Shall notify the Board of any issues that arise.
ARTICLE IV MEETINGS AND ELECTIONS
SECTION I - GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
1) Any called, scheduled or annual meeting of the general membership of Kennworth Park Girls Softball, the latter being a mandatory meeting, shall be held with notice to be
prominently posted at the league fields no less than two (2) weeks prior to the meeting (August 1st). Such notice shall clearly state that all members in good standing are invited.
2) All meetings will be conducted according to Robert’s Rules of Order.
3) The President shall make an annual report to the membership at the annual meeting,
giving financial status, summary of his administration and suggested plans for the
SECTION II - BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETINGS
1) The Board of Directors shall hold a duly constituted meeting monthly which will be conducted according to Robert’s Rules of Order.
2) The monthly Board of Directors meeting shall be open to the general membership and
are usually scheduled for the first Wednesday evening of every month and post on the website within 10 days of the meeting.
SECTION III - CALLED MEETINGS
1) A called meeting of the Board of Directors or of the full membership may be held at the discretion of the Executive Board and will be conducted according to Robert’s Rules of Order.
2) The President shall order a called Executive Board meeting within seven days upon receipt of written petitions from five (5) members of the Executive Board of Directors, and a General Membership Meeting upon receipt of a written petition from 30% of the
general membership. Petition for such a meeting shall state the reason for such
request. The meetings shall be scheduled at a normal time and place within a period of
thirty (30) days of receipt of such petition.
3) Any officer may be removed by a majority of the general membership at a
general membership meeting called by petition. The vacant office will be filled by
special election at the same meeting if qualified candidates have been reviewed by the
SECTION IV - NOMINATING COMMITTEE
1) It will be the Executive Boards responsibility to obtain a committee consisting of not less than three (3) members to search for officers for the upcoming
2) A list of all offices and associated job descriptions along with sign up spaces for the
candidates for those positions, shall be posted at all concession stands in the park at
least two (2) weeks before the scheduled election.
SECTION V - NOMINATING/VOTING PROCEDURES
1) The nominating committee shall select, but not limit the candidates for office as
specified in Section IV,
2) Consent of the nominee is mandatory before placing his/her name on the ballot.
3) A ballot of candidates shall be published and distributed directly to the general membership during the annual election. This ballot shall allow space for insertion of names of written candidates.
4) Voting to elect officers will be conducted at Kennworth Park on at least two Saturdays
5) Each family will be allowed one (1) vote per child registered in good standing at
6) Voting will close one (1) hour after the start of the last scheduled game on that
7) Ballots will be counted by the nominating committee and verified by the Secretary.
8) A majority vote (50% +1) is required to be elected to a position through the annual
9) Any office not filled through the annual election shall remain open until the Executive Board of Directors selects a volunteer to fill the office. A majority vote of the Board shall be required to approve a new officer. A volunteer for office shall notify the Secretary or the President of his/her desire to serve on the Board.
ARTICLE V FINANCE
SECTION I - GENERAL REVENUES AND EXPENSES
1) The revenue of this organization shall be derived from registration fees, sponsorship
fees, concessions and fund raising activities.
2) The registration fee for each season will be based on the league age group, expenses
expected to be incurred using the budget as a resource. Fee must be listed on the
3) The control of such revenue and income shall be determined by the Executive Board of Directors or as stated in the by-laws. The Treasurer of Kennworth Park Girls Softball shall have an audit done at the conclusion of the fiscal year and submit the results to the Executive Board.
4) All revenue and moneys shall be deposited in the Kennworth Park Girls Softball
accounts and distributed equally throughout all leagues in the park. Executive Board approval is required prior to the expenditure of all funds over $100.
SECTION II - SELECT TEAMS
1) All players on select teams will be required to pay a non-reimbursable registration fee
to Kennworth Park consistent with fees required for in park teams. At no time should
the registration fees be reduced or offset in any manner. This fee will be established
prior to each season by the Executive Board of Directors. Select teams will be responsible for all expenses beyond those covered by the Kennworth Park registration fees.
2) Each select team must have a Business Manager / Treasurer responsible for the
detailed accounting, reporting and recordkeeping of all team revenues and expenses. This must be made available to the Executive Board.
3) Any misrepresentation or misuse of any teams funds or misconduct could result in the responsible managers/coaches being expelled from Kennworth Park Girls Softball Association.
ARTICLE VI- MEMBERSHIP
SECTION I - PARENTS
1) Parents or Guardians of any Child meeting the requirements as to age and residence
as set forth in the rules and regulations of Kennworth Park Girls Softball may become
voting members of Kennworth Park Girls Softball by paying the established registration
fee as determined by the Executive Board of Directors. Hardship cases may be approved by a group consisting of the Executive Board.
2) The Executive Board may volunteer non-voting positions and team management responsibilities to other interested adults of good character even though they do not have children of their own participating.
SECTION II - SUSPENSION
1) The Executive Board of Directors, by a majority vote of 50% + 1 of members present at a duly constituted meeting, shall have the authority to warn suspend, or expel any adult
member whose conduct is detrimental to the best interests of Kennworth Park Girls
2) The use of profanity, narcotics, alcoholic beverages, or fighting on league premises
shall be sufficient grounds for automatic expulsion from Kennworth Park Girls Softball.
3) Any Board member, upon evidence of misconduct of any player shall notify the team
manager of which the player is a member, and the parent(s) or guardian(s) of the player within twenty-four (24) hours. Said manager shall appear in an advisory capacity
with the player and his parent(s) before the Executive Board of Directors who shall have full authority to suspend or revoke such players right to future participation and his/her
registration fee shall be forfeited.
ARTICLE VII- GRIEVANCES
SECTION I - PLAYER PARTICIPATION
1) In the event that a parent feels that his/her child is not being treated fairly,
a. The first step shall be to contact the Player Representative and discuss the problem. (An alternate step would be to ask for a conference with the manager/coaches of the team and the Player Representative. Such a request should be made to the Player Representative, whose job is to set up such meeting and act as arbitrator.
b. The second step would be to ask for a conference with the manager/coaches of the team, Player Representative and League Liaison. Such a request should be made to the Player Representative, whose job is to set up such meeting. The League Liaison will then act as Arbitrator. The direct approach to the manager or coaches during practice sessions and/or competitive events shall not be acceptable. The loss of a parent’s temper or that of a manager or coach, whether resulting in bodily injury or not while on the practice field or playing field during competitive
events so as to be witnessed by the players and/or other children, constitutes grounds for immediate expulsion from the current event and permanently from membership in Kennworth Park Girls Softball.
c. In the event that the parent is not satisfied by the discussions of a problem with the manager and coaches, the next step will be to file formal charges, in writing with the Executive Board of Directors. The President shall be the receiver of such charges and shall call a Board Meeting, to act as a grievance committee, or he shall appoint a grievance committee and chairman for such meeting. The meeting shall be called promptly following receipt of such charges. In the event the President is a party to a grievance, the longest serving League Director shall act in the same manner as stated above.
SECTION II - OTHER GRIEVANCES
1) Grievances concerning other Kennworth Park Girls Softball activities shall first be directed to an impartial Executive Board Member. The Executive Board Member shall act as arbitrator and shall call a meeting of the involved parties to seek a solution, thereby accomplishing step one.
2) Step two shall be the filing of formal charges with the Executive Board of Directors as stated previously in this article.
ARTICLE VIII- GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
SECTION I - LEAGUES
1) KPRA shall support in park leagues in accordance with ASA.
2) Players shall be placed in the appropriate league based on age as of January 1 of the
current year. However, the Fall season players play in a league based on their age as of January 1 of the following year, subject to appeal before the Executive Board.
3) ASA rules as to league age must be adhered to without exception
4) Kennworth Park Girls Softball will conduct Spring and Fall season for all leagues based on interest and field availability.
5) All leagues shall be governed by the Executive Board of Directors of Kennworth Park Girls Softball and the current By-laws.
6) Kennworth Park Girls Softball will support inter-park league play teams and select
SECTION II - INSURANCE
1) All players are required to be covered by a health/medical policy.
2) Kennworth Park Girls Softball shall attempt to make insurance coverage available to each participant.
3) Kennworth Park Girls Softball, its officials and/or members are not responsible beyond the limits of the insurance provided.
4) Kennworth Park Girls Softball will acquire standard general liability insurance for its
members and Executive Board of Directors. This general liability insurance policy only covers Kennworth Park Girls Softball members when they are participating in Kennworth Park Girls Softball sponsored activities on contracted practice and game fields.
SECTION III - MISCONDUCT
1) The Executive Board may remove any manager or coach for inefficiency or conduct detrimental to Kennworth Park Girls Softball standards and activities. A majority vote of 50% + 1 of the Executive Board members present at such meeting being necessary to effect such removal. The affected person shall be notified of such a meeting.
2) If any manager, coach, or league official comes to the ballpark under the influence of
alcohol or narcotics, he will be warned once, and then asked to leave the premises. Continued violation of this by-law, as determined by the Executive Board of Directors, will result in action being taken under paragraph one (1) of this section.
3) Any parent, spectator, or player shouting derogatory remarks at any player, team or
umpires will be warned once, and then asked to leave the premises. Continued
violation of this by-law, as determined by the Executive Board of Directors, will result in action being taken under paragraph one (1) of this section.
4) After being duly warned by the League Coordinator, any player may be expelled from
team membership before or during league play when the team manager and the league
director deem his conduct unacceptable. The player will be notified and given an
opportunity to appeal any decision to the Executive Board. A majority of 50% + 1 of elected Executive Board members present at the meeting being necessary to effect such removal after an appeal.
2) A member of the Executive Board of Directors may be removed from the Executive Board for misconduct or non-performance of duties upon a two thirds (2/3) majority vote of a duly constituted meeting of the Executive Board. The Executive Board member shall have an opportunity to present a defense at the Board meeting at which the removal vote is to be taken.
SECTION IV - PROTEST COMMITTEE(EXECUTIVE BOARD)
1) The Vice President will be in charge of all protest committees. Other members of the
committee shall be two (2) non-impacted managers from the affected league, and the
League Director. Board members may be selected by the committee Chairman to
replace a member unable to serve.
2) In Park tournaments shall have a protest committee chaired by the Vice President and
including two (2) impartial managers or Board members and the game umpires.
3) Any manager protesting a regular season game shall be required to file a $25.00
protest fee and a written explanation of the play (situation) in question. This fee will be
returned only at the discretion of the Protest committee, or if the protest is upheld. The
written protest and protest fee must be filed within twenty four (24) hours of the said
4) No member of a protest committee shall vote if he has a son/daughter involved in the
SECTION V – REGISTRATION FEES
1) Registration fees for all leagues will be approved by the Executive Board of Directors each season prior to registration.
2) Registration notices may be mailed to each player at the address as it appears on the
3) There will be a fee for all returned checks. The Treasurer will devise the fee
4) Select Team registration is due prior to the draft for recreational leagues.
5) Refund policy:
In order to be eligible for a refund, the member must submit a written request for said
refund of registration fees to: KPRA, PMB 166, PO Box 801282, Acworth, GA 30101. All refunds are subject to have expenses already incurred (i.e. uniform purchase, insurance, etc.) subtracted from the refunded amount. Refunds will not be made after uniforms have been ordered. Exceptions may be made for instances where Kennworth Park
Girls Softball is unable to provide players an adequate schedule of games, or in case of
season ending injuries. The Board will determine subsequent refunds.
SECTION VI - LATE REGISTERING PLAYERS
1) Players who register after the league is full or the deadline shall be placed on a waiting
list until an opening occurs. The waiting list is to be maintained from season to season
by the Secretary.
2) A player will be assigned to a team in order of draft.
3) Any player resigning, quitting, or dismissed for disciplinary reasons or misconduct from his team after being assigned or drafted to that team is ineligible to participate on any Kennworth Park Girls Softball team for the remainder of that year.
SECTION VII – REGULAR GAMES
1) Before the start of any game(s), the responsibility for canceling games because of field
conditions shall rest first with the Field/Equipment Manager. In his/her absence, responsibility to cancel games shall be as follows: Vice President, any other elected Executive Board member.
2) Kennworth Park Girls Softball League Rule Book shall provide specific requirements for minimum player participation for all leagues and penalties for violations of such
SECTION VII - UMPIRES
1) All league games shall be officiated by official umpires.
2) The League Director and Treasurer are responsible for contracting with a certified umpires association.
3) Any change from the contracted umpires association would require Executive Board approval.
SECTION IX - PLAYING RULES
1) Each league shall be conducted in strict accordance with the rules of the Sanctioning
2) Unless contrary to the Kennworth Park Girls Softball Bylaws and in-park rules, all play will be governed by the ASA Rule Book .
3) Any differences in rules shall be published and distributed prior to the first game.
ARTICLE IX TEAM MANAGERS
SECTION I - FILLING POSITIONS
1) An effort to solicit applications shall be made through registration forms, and other
means of contact, to enable all interested candidates to apply for positions as manager
of a team.
2) The Executive Board shall approve or not approve each candidate.
3) Managers with seniority and in good standing with the Board will have the opportunity to return as manager in subsequent seasons.
4) If a coordinators slate of manager candidates includes any person with a current written complaint on file with the association, that manager shall be invited to appear before the Executive Board to answer all allegations made against him. The manager shall be advised of all allegations before appearance at the Board.
SECTION II - COACHES
1) The team managers, when duly approved, shall have the prerogative and responsibility
to select their team coaches, unless the Executive Board of Directors approves a motion to prohibit that coach from coaching.
SECTION III - MANAGER/COACH SELECTION GUIDING PRINCIPLES
1) Managers/Coaches must be of the highest moral character.
2) Managers/Coaches must not use tobacco of any form, including chewing tobacco,
while within the playing area, including the dugout.
3) Managers/Coaches will not use alcoholic beverages or narcotics of any kind before or
during attendance at the league fields or when associating with their team.
4) Managers/Coaches will refrain from the use of any profane or abusing language and
shall instruct their teams (and associated spectators) that they may shout
encouragement to members of their own team, but shall not engage in verbal or
physical harassment of the opposing teams players, managers, or coaches
5) Managers/Coaches may appoint their own coaches, subject to the same guiding
principles set forth above and coaches shall agree to be bound by them.
6) The Executive Board of Directors shall approve all managers and any coaches.
7) Any manager or coach found to be in violation of the manager's/coach's responsibilities as interpreted by this Board is subject to dismissal.
8) The in-park draft rules will apply to team selection for recreational “C” level play and governed by the Executive Board.
ARTICLE X POST-SEASON PLAY
SECTION I - ALL-STARS
1) The Executive Board shall decide the number of In-Park All-Star teams annually.
2) Any funds for expenses other than entry fees will be approved by the Executive Board of Directors.
3) Specific tournament rules, guidelines and team selection procedures will be published
annually as an addendum to the playing rules and approved by the Executive Board.
ARTICLE XI- SELECT TEAMS
SECTION I - SELECT TEAMS
1) It is the intent of the Kennworth Park Girls Softball Association to field competitive
select teams in regular and post-season play to represent Kennworth Park and Cobb
2) The Executive Board shall decide the number of select teams annually.
3) Specific rules, guidelines and team selection procedures will be published annually and approved by the Executive Board of Directors.
ARTICLE XIII BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION
SECTION I - PURPOSE AND PROCEDURE
1) In furtherance of the stated objectives of Kennworth Park Girls Softball and to ensure
the safety and well being of all players and members, a background investigation of all
volunteers including Executive Board members, managers, coaches and umpires shall be
2) The Executive Board of Directors shall provide for and approve a policy and procedure to be followed when conducting the background investigations.
3) All volunteers shall provide the Executive Board of Directors with an appropriate authorization for the background investigation. All volunteers shall successfully pass a background investigation.
ARTICLE XIV VOLUNTARY POSITIONS
SECTION I - SCHEDULER
1) The Scheduling Coordinator is responsible for scheduling all game times, all practice
times and which fields they are to be conducted on.
3) Shall be responsible for the season game schedules for all leagues.
4) The scheduling Coordinator shall report to the League Director.
SECTION II – WEB SITE COORDINATOR
1) Shall be responsible for updating messages on the Kennworth Park Girls Softball Web Site.
SECTION III – SPIRIT WEAR/UNIFORM COORDINATOR
1) Shall be responsible for obtaining quotations from competent suppliers for all uniforms and spirit wear.
2) Shall be responsible for distributing all uniforms and spirit wear to team manages for distribution to Team Mom’s.
3) Shall coordinate and administer the Kennworth Parks Girls Softball Merchandising Program.
4) Shall be responsible for obtaining orders, sizes, and payments, for all uniform and spirit wear orders.
SECTION IV – 6U - 8U - 10U PLAYER REPRESENTATIVE
1) Shall be responsible for assisting parents and/or players with any questions or concerns.
2) Responsible for reporting to the League Liaison.
SECTION V – 12U – 14U- 16U PLAYER REPRESENTATIVE
1) Shall be responsible for assisting parents and/or players with any questions or concerns.
2) Responsible for reporting to the League Liaison.
SECTION VI – NGFA REC LEAGUE COORDINATOR
1) Responsible for representing park at all NGFA meetings.
2) Responsible for reporting field slots, times, dates available for NGFA scheduling.
3) Collects roster information and contact information from all participating park teams and submits to NGFA.
4) Responsible for distributing NGFA schedule and contact information.
5) Responsible for acting as liaison to NGFA between park teams and NGFA board in case of disputes.
6) Responsible for acting as liaison in regard to NGFA end of season tournaments and distributing this information to coaches.
7) Responsible for disseminating any changes to the NGFA rules.
8) Reports to League Director.
SECTION VII – ALL-STAR/TOURNAMENT COORDINATOR
1) Responsible for heading the All-Star/Tournament committees.
2) Responsible for selecting All-Star Managers for approval of the Executive Board.
3) Responsible for obtaining quotes for uniforms and presenting to Executive Board for approval.
4) Responsible for ordering of uniforms and distributing the uniforms to the teams.
5) Responsible for selecting tournaments and signing of teams for those selected tournaments.
6) Responsible for organizing the skills evaluation, for selection of teams.
7) Responsible for all correspondence to coaches, Executive Board, and All-Star Committee, regarding skills evaluation, coach applications, and all other tournament information.
8) Collection of registration fees.
SECTION VIII – TEAM MOM COORDINATOR
1) Shall be responsible for coordinating Team Mom’s with information related to all aspects of the park.
||Kennworth Park Recreation Association
|| Administration Login