Clay County PAL
Volunteer Youth Coach Job Description
Purpose of Job:
Create a positive learning environment where children learn sportsmanship, teamwork, responsibility and the fundamental skills of their chosen sport.
P.A.L. youth programs emphasize skill development, fair play, team work, cooperation, sportsmanship, respectability and FUN. Each participant should be provided the opportunity to play in every game and play different positions on the field.
- Pass a background check each season.
- Must complete a one-time coach’s certification.
- Regular attendance at practice and games.
- Regular attendance at parent / coaches meetings.
- Communicate program information to parents and players.
- Hold a per-season parent meeting.
- Attend schedule work days for field and building maintenance.
- Teach the fundamental skills of the game while emphasizing sportsmanship, teamwork and fun.
- Provide a safe environment for practices and games by checking the conditions of equipment and fields prior to each practice or game.
- Provide proper first aid when injuries occur. CALL 911 FOR A SEVERE INJURY.
- Be responsible for the children until they are turned over to a parent or guardian before leaving the field.
- Set up fields for play as assigned.
- Be on time for practices and games.
- Enforce all P.A.L policies and rules.
- Abide by all official decisions.
- Be accessible by phone or email.
- Report any problems with player behavior, parent behavior or officials to your commissioners or park president.
- Read and have all registration forms and medical release forms on you at all practices and games.