Link for free concussion course (must click on tab to order, fill out registration and go to payment $0.00) Free online concussion training
Please email your concussion certificate to Aimee Dyer at email@example.com in order to receive your field pass for the current year, your concussion cert must dated for the current football season
***Do NOT use the "HEADS UP" training video. SCJAAF will no longer be accepting the Heads Up Concussion Training certifications (as of 6/20/12)***
Below is policy Southern California Jr. All American Football and Cheer has adopted in regards to concussions for youth/student athletes. This policy is also in compliance with our insurance and school facilities.
1) All Chapter AD’s must be instructed on how to identify Concussions on the field. Each Chapter AD should be provided with a short video of “reliable” source that fully explains such.
2) All Team AD’s must be instructed by Conference, with reinforced instruction by the chapter AD’s, on how to identify concussions on the field. They are provided with a copy of the video.
3) Each Head Coach is provided a copy of the video, and all staff members of the team must watch this video as a team staff.
4) Conference will provide a sign-off sheet that the Team AD gets all staff members to sign (required) that they have viewed the video, prior to paper certification. Chapter AD’s are responsible for compliance.
5) We acquire written information concerning concussions, which explains identifying concussions, our policy, and our efforts to identify…and provide this to all parents…mandatory. Each team provides a signoff sheet that identifies all parents have received the written information, the signoff sheet is provided at paper cert.
6) Once a player has been identified as having a possible concussion, he must be released by a doctor. The physician must be notified that a concussion has been suspected in writing from the team AD. If a Doctor, RN, EMT, etc. is present at the game and serving a Team or Chapter Medical, his/her decision will supersede the Team or Chapter AD…unless the Team/Chapter AD is likewise a Doctor, RN, EMT, etc. by profession.
SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA JR. ALL AMERICAN FOOTBALL & CHEER
CDC website (www.cdc.gov) on Youth concussions- this is only for concussion information.
SPORTS CLINIC has a very informative concussion session Sports Clinic- Riverside
usafootball.com: Put Pride Aside for Player Safety Campaign (Concussion
usafootball.com: Concussion Education Video; produced in partnership with the
CDC (click Concussion Awareness)
usafootball.com: USA Football Concussion Awareness Plan (in conjunction with
usafootball.com: A concussion fact sheet for players (in conjunction with CDC)
usafootball.com: A concussion fact sheet for coaches (in conjunction with CDC)
usafootball.com: What coaches should know about concussions
usafootball.com: CDC/USA Football co-branded coaches clipboard sticker
(concussion education; downloadable)