2012 Rules of Play
THIS INFORMATION SUBJECT TO CHANGE
The North Star Classic will host teams representing the NAGAAA C, and D divisions. Divisions will be assigned and seeded based on 2011 NAGAAA ratings. Teams do not need to be NAGAAA members, but any team or player without a NAGAAA rating must calculate a rating for each non-rated player based on 2011 NAGAAA ratings guidelines.
D division teams must be rated no higher than 105 and may have individual players rated 11 or below. C division teams must be rated no higher than 145 and no player may be rated higher than 15. Team rating totals are determined by adding up the rating scores of the ten highest rated players on the roster.
Teams may register in any division, but ratings will be enforced and the top-ten rating will be utilized to ensure that teams play in the appropriate division. Should registrations for a division warrant, the division may be split to allow for a better match between division teams.
The North Star Classic will abide by ASA rules, except as modified below. ASA banned bat and home run rules do apply. All rules are subject to change or clarification by the North Star Classic tournament committee. Detailed information will be provided to team managers prior to play.
1. Each batter will start with a 1-1 count (also known as 3-2). No courtesy fouls.
2. Teams may have up to 18 players on the roster and bat no more than 12 players. ASA substitution rules still apply.
3. Teams must start the game with at least 9 players. Game time is forfeit time.
4. Orange safety bags will be used. Batter must use the orange bag at first as outlined by ASA rules. Base-stealing is not allowed.
5. Teams are permitted one courtesy runner per inning (last out).
6. Pool play games may end in tie. The international tie-breaker rules will be used in the event that a double-elimination game ends in a tie.
7. All players, coaches, and managers must register, check in with valid identification, and sign the tournament release forms prior to stepping on the field. No one is allowed on the fields or in dugouts without signing the tournament release forms.
8. No practice is permitted on the tournament fields.