2013 Bat Rules
2013 Bat Rules
GBSA wants to remind you of the updated bat rules effective January 1, 2012
GBSA ByLaws and Rules
Review the approved GBSA ByLaws and Rules, effective November 2011. Please Follow this Link. Coaches, please take time to review the specific rules for your division prior to the start of the season.
GBSA Insurance for 2013-2014
February 23, 2012
Accident - Injury Form
February 23, 2012
City of Grapevine Memo- Spring 2013
February 1, 2013
Field Use Agreement
Coaches, download this memo, put it in your car, use it if someone is using the fields without authorization.
Park / Field Stewardship Issues
Coaches, Players, Fans
We all need to be sensitive to our parks. Trash should be placed in garbage cans, plastic bottles and aluminum cans should be recycle bins. The facility does not make a mess, people do. The facility does not pick up trash, people do. Please take a moment to pick up your mess.
Players, particularly outfielders are digging holes in the turf while waiting to make a play. Please instruct them not to dig their toes down into worn areas of the field. City staff are spending a great deal of time and effort repairing these dangerous and ugly holes in the ground.
Coaches, if you have any questions/issues about your team's league-issued equipment, please contact your division's commissioner or the Director of Equipment, Jason Nelson @ 817-914-3308. Do not neglect safety and/or comfort of your players. We'll get it replaced or fixed as needed, but only if you let us know.
GBSA Coaches Code of Ethics
- I hereby pledge to live up to responsibility as a GBSA coach by following the GBSA Coaches Code of Ethics.
- I will place the emotional and physical well being of my players ahead of a personal desire to win.
- I will treat each player as an individual, remembering the large range of emotional and physical development for the same age group.
- I will do my best to provide a safe playing situation for my players.
- I will promise to review and practice the basic first aid principles needed to treat injuries of my players.
- I will do my best to organize practices that are fun and challenging for all my players.
- I will lead by example in demonstrating fair play and sportsmanship to all my players.
- I will provide a sports environment for my team that is free of drugs, tobacco, and alcohol, and I will refrain from their use at all baseball/softball events.
- I will be knowledgeable in the rules of baseball/softball, and I will teach these rules to my players.
- I will use those coaching techniques appropriate for each of the skills that I teach.
- I will remember that I am a youth baseball/softball coach, and that the game is for children and not adults.
- I understand that I may be the assistant coach on more than one team, but can be the head coach of only one team.
- I understand that I may be required to attend coaching clinics and will do my best to attend these sessions.
- I further understand that a record of my coaching history will be maintained by the GBSA and that this record will be considered when the Board of Directors selects coaches.
Birth Certificate Receipt Form
Birth Certificate Receipt - for coaches' use in registering receipt of a birth certificate for all team players - click here for form > Birth Certificate Receipt
Field Closures - Field Prep
Information below may not be current. Consult Chariman, Vice Chairman or Commisioners of GBSA for specific guidance...
Parks and Recreation tries to prep the fields and get them ready for GBSA's use during the week. Prepping the fields on the weekend is the responsibility of GBSA.
When the fields are closed on Friday, We, GBSA can work the fields (rakes, tractor, mule, chalker, etc.) Friday evening to have the fields prepped and ready to play games Saturday morning - pending any weather and/or sprinkler issues.
Regarding field closures decided by Parks and Rec during the week: after the decision is made that they can't get the fields into a safe and playable condition, the fields are closed.
If the decision is made by Parks and Rec that the fields are playable during the week, the Parks & Rec staff typically extends their workday past their usual 3:30 PM quit time to prep the fields if needed.
Please remember, THEY DO NOT JUST TEND TO THE BASEBALL FIELDS USED BY GBSA; THEY TEND TO ALL GVPRD FACILITIES.
Please communicate with those who play on "your field(s)" and work together to get it done.
Rainouts / Inclement Weather
When rainouts occur and fields are closed, GBSA is utilizing three methods of notification:
1. Website posting - on home page; top of page
2. Sending e-mails to Head Coaches
3. Rainout information on GBSA phone; 817-329-5505
Please be aware that these methods of notification are made available depending on if the Volunteer Board member is at his/her desk to be able to initiate the message (notwithstanding meetings, taking a child to the doctor, etc). We will try our best to make all three options available; however, it is recommended to not rely on only one method of notification.
Additional information regarding rainout on GBSA phone: coaches may call 817-329-5505 for rainout information. The message is usually updated by 4:00 pm on weekdays and 8:00 am on the weekends.
This number is for coaches only. Our lines cannot support the capacity if everyone calls at the same time. Please check the website for current weather information. When it rains and the fields are closed, no one is allowed within bounds of the fenced area of each ball field. If we receive rain and the sun comes out, it does not mean the fields are open. Please use the rainout number or check the website.
If you want to use the facilities (batting cages, pitching areas) while the fields are closed, you may do so.
||Grapevine Baseball Softball Association (GBSA)