Hello my name is Shannon Ruger, I have been coaching for 8years now. All my children have played for booster club. I have a daughter Savannah that is on the 100lb team and the rest of my children are out of booster club now. My daughter Brittany still cheers for the junior high and does competition cheerleading she is a 7th grader. My son Stephen still plays football for high school he is a junior and Amy my other daughter is a freshman and did competition cheerleading. Alyssa Leon my Assistant Coach has also been coaching with me the last 8yrs and also cheered for booster club and high school too.
We don’t have a Hugh squad this year so every girl plays an important part of this team. It is very important that the girls make practice because there is a lot to cover and it is hard for us to teach them a half time routine when girls are missing. Also it isn’t fair to the other girls that work hard all week and then we have to change everything around because other girls don’t come to practice. Please Please makes every effort to be here and on time. If a girl absolutely must be absent or late, a coach must be notified at least one hour prior to the activity. If a coach cannot be reached, one of the following may be contacted :( Please contact in order)
1 Shannon Ruger (Head Coach) 610-762-9163
2 Alyssa Leon (Asst: Coach) 484-707-7748
3 Linsey German (Cheerleading Coordinator, VP) 610-751-7031
4 Jennifer Lesher (President) 484-264-8048
If any girl misses, or is more than ten minutes late, Games, without notifying her coach, she may be asked not to perform the half time routine.
2. If a cheerleader should miss a practice before a game without a valid excuse, in the sole opinion of the coach, she will not be eligible to do the half time routine.
3. Old clothing should be worn at all practices. Sweatpants, shirts, and gym shorts are acceptable. “DO NOT” wear jeans or jean shorts. Sneakers should be worn which provide adequate support for athletic exercises. All other shoes are not acceptable and all sneakers must be tied.” NO FLIP FLOPS”
4. NO Jewelry (earrings could get pulled out.)
5. There will be NO chewing gum, candy at any time during the games. Hair should be worn up in a ponytail at all times (Games and Practices.)
1. All parents of cheerleaders are responsible for transportation to and from practices and games. Please find a ride or carpool.
1. All cheerleaders and Parents are expected to get along with each other and show sportsman-like conduct at all practices, games.
2. All cheerleaders are treated equally by the coaches and should treat each other as equals. Teamwork is essential for the continued success of our program.
3. All cheerleaders are expected to conduct themselves like young ladies at all times, on and off the field. In addition, while in uniform, they should remember they are representing Palmerton at all times.
4. All cheerleaders must show proper respect for their coaches and any officer at all times. These coaches and officers are taking time out of their schedules and remember we are all volunteers.
Our practices will be starting July 30 on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday 6-8 till school starts (Aug 27). Then we will go down to twice a week when school starts, not sure what days yet, will inform everyone before school starts. Sorry I will be working part time once a week as my second job and my children play sports. Will let you know as soon as possible. Please contact me anytime for anything again 610-762-9163.
Looking forward to a wonderful and success season!!!!!
Shannon Ruger & Alyssa Leon
130lb cheerleading Coaches