We annually provide a one-time scholarship grant to one or two eligible high school seniors who best meet the Selection Criteria below. The award is usually announced and awarded at the winners' high school senior or sports awards night.
For 2013, we are accepting applications up through April 15, 2013.
The Scholarship Application is under Online Forms on the left menu. An application is also under Handouts for printing and mailing to PBC Scholarship, P.O. Box 461, Pasadena MD 21123. Proof of grade point average may be requested after we receive an application.
ELIGIBILITY - to be eligible for consideration, the applicant must meet all four eligibility requirements:
1. Membership. Applicant shall have played a minimum of four years for the Pasadena Baseball Club.
2. Grade Point Average. Applicant shall have a GPA of 2.5 or better on 4.0 scale during their high school career.
3. Enrollment. Applicant shall be enrolled as a full-time student in a college, university, or vocational school for the fall semester following high school graduation.
Proof of GPA and student enrollment is not required at the time of submission, but the Club reserves the right to request proof from applicant upon selection and prior to receiving the award.
SELECTION - to be selected, the applicant will be evaluated against other eligible applicants in these five areas:
1. Participation. Applicant shall be evaluated on the number of years he/she participated in the Pasadena Baseball Club (or former organizations).
2. Contribution. Applicant shall be evaluated on the contribution he/she made to the operation of the Club besides mere participation.
3. Academics. Applicant shall be evaluated on the quality of his/her academic record.
4. Athletics & Activities. Applicant shall be evaluated on his/her participation in high school athletics or other activities.
5. Short Essay. Applicant shall be evaluated on the content and quality of his/her written essay.