Stage 1 Report
IFMAR 1/8 IC Track World Championship
April 7-17, 2011
The purpose of this Status Report is to provide IFMAR officials preliminary information for their review and consideration in their evaluation of Homestead RC Raceway’s bid to host the 2011 IFMAR 1/8 IC Track World Championship.
The event will begin on Thursday April 7th, and conclude Sunday April 17th. The racing program will conclude on Saturday April 16th. Sunday April 17th, is reserved as a spare day as contingency for unforeseen events that may cause a delay in the racing program. The awards presentation and banquet will take place on Sunday April 17th.
The event track will be closed for practice during the two weeks preceding the start of frequency controlled practice as per IFMAR rule 2.2 of the 1/8th I.C. Track Racing and Technical Rules.
The Pre-World event will be held from December 9, to December 12, 2010. Information regarding this event including rules and entry forms will be posted in the World Championship website. www.xxx.xxx
Homestead RC Raceway is located on the grounds of the world famous Homestead-Miami Speedway. The race track has a racing line length of 960feet/293 meters with a straightaway of 275 feet/84 meters.
Figure 1: Overhead view of Homestead RC Raceway
Homestead RC Raceway has the following amenities.
- *Covered pit area with lights and ceiling fans for more than 150 drivers.
- *Paved loading/unloading zone for easy access to the covered pit area.
- *Large secure parking area designated for drivers, mechanics, and officials
- *Engine tuning stations conveniently located next to the covered pit area.
- *Designated engine break in area.
- *Designated pre-race staging area for qualifying and finals.
- *Large permanent Men and Women restroom and toilet facilities.
- *Designated covered Team Managers area.
- *Designated Press area.
- *Designated IFMAR only area for business and jury meetings.
Figure 2: View of covered pit area
All inquiries about the event should be directed to:
Doug McNeely-Event Organizer
All industry specific media including leading RC publications and RC websites will be invited to the event. In addition local radio, TV, and print media will be notified of the event. All race sponsorship will be handled through Homestead RC Raceway .
The venue will have dual public announcement systems, one of which will be designated for official communications only. The venue is also equipped with redundant timing Systems. Two timing loops installed and a third to be available as back-up.
Opening ceremony will be held with country flags and national anthems.
Closing ceremony and banquet will be held offsite, with food, and fun.
Homestead RC Raceway will submit at least three brands of fuel to IFMAR for approval as the event racing fuel.
Fuel storage and distribution plan is now approved by the pertinent local authorities.
The following colored badges will provide access to pits and tracks:
- Orange badges / Team Managers
- Blue badges / Drivers
- Yellow badges / Mechanics
- Red badges / Press,/li>
- Green badges / IFMAR Officials
- Black badges / Event Sponsor
- White badges / Driver Family
The following are frequencies that are permitted:
- 27 MHz: only frequencies 26.995, 27,045, 27,145 27,195 and 27, 255.
- 75 MHz: All channels 61 thru 90
- 50 MHz: Channels 00, 02, 06 and 08
- 53 MHz: Frequencies 53,100 thru 53, 800 MHz
- 2.4 GHz : All DSS and Spectrum systems
Drivers using 50 MHz radios must have an FCC Amateur Radio License issued for that radio in their possession.
Things to do around Homestead and Greater Miami Area
- City of Homestead: more info at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_of_Homestead
- South Beach: more info at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Beach
- Ocean Drive: more info at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ocean_Drive_%28South_Beach%29
- Calle Ocho: more info at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calle_Ocho#Calle_Ocho
- Lincoln Road: more info at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lincoln_Road
- Downtown Miami: more info at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Downtown_Miami
- Bal Harbour Shops: more info at
- Dolphin Mall: more info at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolphin_Mall
- Aventura Mall: more info at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aventura_Mall
- Freedom Tower: more info at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_Tower_%28Miami%29
- Bayside Marketplace:more info at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayside_Marketplace
- Star Island: more info at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Island_%28Florida%29
Parks and Sports Venues around Homestead and Greater Miami Area
- Homestead-Miami Speedway-Homestead RC Raceway: more info at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homestead-Miami_Speedway
- Everglades National Park: more info at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everglades_National_Park
- Biscayne National Park: more info at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biscayne_National_Park
- LandShark Stadium: Miami Dolphins, Miami Hurricanes (football), and Florida Marlins (baseball) more info at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LandShark_Stadium
- American Airlines Arena: Miami Heat more info at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Airlines_Arena
- Calder Race Course: more info at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calder_Race_Course
There are an abundance of motels in the Homestead and Florida City Area that will be close to Homestead RC Raceway. The listed Motels are only some of the motels that are within a five miles/8 kilometers of Homestead RC Raceway. We suggest an internet search using “Motels Homestead Miami Speedway” for an even larger selection of motels and links for special rates.
Motels near Homestead RC Raceway
Super 8 Florida City/Homestead
1202 N Krome Ave
Florida City, FL 33034-2428 US
Travel Lodge Florida City/Homestead
409 Southeast First Ave
Florida City, FL 33034 USA
Best Western Florida City
411 S Krome Avenue,
Florida City, Florida, 33034-4913, US
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
32500 South Dixie Hwy.
Florida City, FL 33034 US
553 NE 1 Ave.,
Florida City, FL 33034 US
333 SE 1st Ave. US Hwy #1
Florida City, FL 33034 US
6 Time Keeping
7 Race Officials
|Event Organizer ||Doug McNeely|
|Race Director ||Bob Ingersoll|
|Assistant Race Director ||Rich Browne|
|Chief Technical Inspector ||Rick Davis|
|Official Time Keeper ||TBD|
|Head of Facilities ||Johnny Wong|
|IFMAR Referee ||TBA by IFMAR|
|ROAR Referee ||TBA by ROAR|
|Country Referee ||TBA by ROAR|
8 The Venue
Homestead RC Raceway is located in Homestead, Florida just south of the Greater Miami area. The facility is inside the gates of the world famous Homestead Miami Speedway and offers all the speed and excitement of the bigger race cars.
Miami International Airport
Miami International Airport is the closest airport. It is only a 40 minute drive south, about 25 miles/40 kilometers to Homestead RC Raceway. This airport is serviced by many airline carriers from all over the world. All major rental car companies are available from this airport.
Miami International Airport serves as the primary international airport of the Miami Area. One of the busiest international airports in the world, Miami International Airport caters to over 35 million passengers a year. Identifiable locally, as well as several worldwide authorities, as MIA or KMIA. Miami International is the United States’ third largest international port of entry for foreign air passengers and is the seventh largest such gateway in the world. The airport’s extensive international route network includes non-stop flights to over seventy international cities in North and South America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East.
Directions from Airport and or Florida Turnpike: Leave Miami International Airport, get on the Florida Turnpike headed South (821) to Homestead. Once you are on the Turnpike continue South about 25 to 30 minutes and you will be approaching the Homestead area.
Get off the Turnpike at Exit 6, which is the SW 137 Ave./Speedway Boulevard exit. SW 137 Ave. and Speedway Boulevard are the same road. Go South on this road for about 4 miles/6.5 kilometers. You will Homestead Miami Speedway as you approach. The complex is huge you can not miss it.
When you are real close to the Speedway buildings you will see SW 336 Street, make a left turn, drive past the main entrance, you will see Homestead RC Raceway on your right and follow signs for unloading and parking.
United States AC Power, Plugs and Outlets Standard
The standard for voltage and frequency in the United States is 110-120 volts at a frequency of 60 Hz, which uses plugs and outlets as shown in the pictures below. Make sure your equipment operates at the above noted voltage/frequency and, if necessary, that you have the necessary plug adapters.
Figure X: View of electricity plugs
Figure X: Tire truing and car cleaning area
Figure X: View of trackfrom Timing and Scoring,br>
Figure X: Track action
Figure X: View of registration area
Figure X: Schedule detail