FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What is going on with soccer in Natomas?
There were many changes in the board and change is taken differently by many people. We are holding onto our policy of reserving judgement until all the information comes in. As soon as all the information is in we will notify our members.
- Why am I receiving so many emails?
Here at SNSC we value your privacy. Your emails have not and will not be shared while the current board of directors (BOD) are in place. The previous BOD had access to those emails and former board members have been using your emails for their own purposes. We sincerely apologize but this happended before the current BOD was in place.
- What club should I register for?
We believe that we can offer you the same benefits as the past years plus make substantial changes for the positive. Other clubs may have to practice outside of the area as we have field permits for all the major fields. Most of the children in our area play for SNSC and we anticipate that will not change. Please play for whomever you like but be cautious about what claims clubs can make, check on-line for their governing documents, non-profit status, and financial data before sending anyone in soccer your money.
- What age does my child have to be to play in SNSC?
The Sacramento North Soccer Club offers recreational play for youths age 4 to 18. You must be 4 years old by July 31 to be eligible to play.
- My child turns four in August and is very advanced for their age and is eager to play soccer. How can I get him/her signed up?
If your child is turns 4 after July 31st, SNSC cannot allow them to play in our club, no exceptions. Click here for more information.
- Are the teams co-ed?
All teams from U6 through U19 are gender-specific. There are no co-ed teams.
- When does the season start and how long is it?
Practices start in August of each year. Games begin the Saturday after Labor Day weekend and continue for 11 weeks (5 Saturday games; one bye-week; 5 additional Saturday games).
- When and where will practices be held? Schedules and field assignments will be made available mid to the end of July. All SNSC field locations can be found here. Practices begin in August. Typically, practices are two nights a week on either Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday and either early (5:00 - 6:00 p.m.) or as late as (7:00 - 8:00 p.m.). Where your child practices will depend on the age group. The coach of each team submits preferences for practice days, practice times (early or late), and practice locations. Our Coach Coordinator then attempts to balance the requests to honor them as best as possible. SNSC has more than 80 teams, so all coaches rarely get all of their preferences honored. Unfortunately, parents do not have the ability to select teams based upon any of these factors. With more than 1,000 players playing in the club, SNSC is unable to entertain requests from individuals based on practice schedules or locations.
- How do I register my child for soccer and what do I need?
For information on registration, please visit the registration page.
- If I sign up to be a Head Coach, will my child get the registration fee waived?
Although the club has done registration fee waivers in the past, it is no longer financially viable to offer coach/player waivers. If you are interested in serving as a Head Coach, please contact the Coach Coordinator at
- How do I get a uniform for my child?
Uniforms will be purchased through the online registration process. You may also purchase uniforms online by clicking here.
- I am a returning coach and in the past I have submitted all my player registrations together in a team packet. With the required on-line registration, what is the best way for me to continue coaching the players that want to be coached by me?
Team packets are not accepted. You need to notify each of your returning players to include your name in the field “Team/Coach Request” as part of their on-line registration. Make sure you advise your players to correctly spell your name. Special requests are not guaranteed.
- How and when will I know what team my child has been assigned to and the name of the coach?
All SNSC coaches are asked to contact their players by the beginning of August. If your coach has not contacted you by mid-August, please notify your Age Group Coordinator (AGC).
- I want my child to play with her best friend. Can that request be accommodated?
Special requests will be honored when possible. First priority is to returning players then teams can be filled with coach and/or friend requests. SNSC will make every effort to keep previous teams together and accomodate all reasonable requests but requests are NOT guaranteed.
- If we move out of the area, can we get a refund? If my child decides they don’t want to play, can we get a refund? If I can’t make the time scheduled for practices, can we get a refund? If my child gets sick, can I get a refund? Simply, are refund requests honored?
There are NO refunds, regardless of the reason.
- Can my child start practices with their coach from last year before the team rosters are official issued?
Yes. Teams may practice with their previous year coaches as long as the coach has in their possession the original signed CYSA 1601 form from the previous or current year. Fields may be used as available, but our use permits do not activate until August 1st.
- Do Head and Assistant Coaches need to submit any paperwork?
Yes. All coaches must submit a coaching packet which includes the following information:
When will the game schedule be posted?
Coaches must register online to complete the Risk Management Disclosure Forms. The coach must collect the rest of the information above and email their coaching packet to the Club Registrar at email@example.com. Head Coaches are not allowed to submit a team roster with player names.
- Annual Online Registration
- Coach Ethics Form
- Head shot taken for your coach’s pass
- Copy of valid California Driver’s License (ID Verification)
- Copy of Coaching License (All U7 or higher Head Coaches; second year assistant or Head Coaches) or Intent to Coach Form (New U6 Head Coaches and 1st year assistant coaches). U5/U6 and first year assistant coaches are not required to have a F license although it is strongly encouraged.
- Fingerprints processed by Capital Live Scan (New coaches only - no cost to you)
All teams will participate in a seeding tournament. The tournament results will be used to seed the first five games schedule, which will be available on our website early September. Please note, 99% of all games are played on Saturday between 9am & 4pm.
- Where are the games played?
U6 games will be held at the park next to the Natomas Park Elementary School. All U6 - U10 games will be played within the Natomas community (both North and South). U12 - U16 game locations vary greatly throughout greater Sacramento. Click here to view all field Locations. The general rule is that half of your games will be played at one of our SNSC fields, the other half away.
- Is this a competitive club?
Sacramento North Soccer Club (SNSC) is NOT a Select or Competitive Club. SNSC is an independent club that seeks affiliations that benefit the members of our club. SNSC focuses on the recreational and educational fundamentals of the game of soccer. While competition by definition is the root of the sport, SNSC chooses to provide a fun learning environment for our players. There are several competitive clubs with teams in Natomas including Natomas United Futbol Club (NUFC), River City United (RCU), BOCA, Sacramento United, and Capital Valley United (CVU). The costs, ability of the trainers, and quality of the training sessions varies with each program. For a cost vs. benefit comparison please contact each club and talk to players within that club before you make a decision to play select or competitive soccer.