Welcome to Chelmsford Pop Warner 2013 Season - please click on forms link above, and read all information below:
EMAIL QUESTIONS TO CHELMSFORDPOPWARNER@GMAIL.COM
Please also note in addition to the printed registration packet you will need to visit www.chelmsfordpopwarner.com and fill out the online registration page for EACH one of your children.
REMINDER REGARDING THE PHYSICAL FITNESS AND MEDICAL HISTORY FORMS INCLUDED IN YOUR REGISTRATION PACKAGE:
2013 Physical Fitness & Medical History Form:
- Parent must fill in all pertinent spaces on (Section I, Page 3)
- Physician must sign and fill-out (Section II, Page 4).
NO OTHER FORMS WILL BE ACCEPTED: Forms must be dated on or after January 1, 2013. All Medical Forms must be turned in before your child will be allowed to practice.
Original Birth Certificate:
An Original Birth Certificate with a raised seal is required.
A copy of your child's final report card from the 2012-2013 school year. A copy of your child's final report card must be received before their first practice or your child will not be allowed to participate (this is the only document we will accept late.)
CPW is requiring a MANDATORY COMMITMENT OF 10 HOURS OF VOLUNTEER WORK FROM EACH FAMILY
Team Placement: NEW RULE THIS YEAR
You will child will not be placed on a team until we receive ALL paperwork that is required for National Pop Warner. There will be no exceptions to this rule. In the past we have been lenient, we will not be able to continue that practice starting this season.
ALTHOUGH EVERY EFFORT WILL BE MADE TO FOLLOW THE SIBILNG RULE AND HAVE YOUR CHILDREN BE ON THE SAME COLOR TEAMS (MAROON OR WHITE), WE CAN NOT GAURANTEE THIS WILL HAPPEN. THIS IS DEPENDENT ON THE NUMBER OF SIGN UPS AS WELL AS PAPERWORK BEING SUBMITTED.
You will be responsible to provide your child with the following additional equipment
2 Mouth Guards (spare mouth guard is given to the coach at the beginning of the season)
You can find all these items at Center Sports, Sports Authority, Modell’s, Play it again Sam’s
CHEER PROGRAM: - CHANGE FROM PREVIUS YEARS –
Cheer competition is part of our program; CPW will no longer be accepting invitations to the competition rounds. If a team does NOT place in a competition but receives an INVITATION to attend next round, CPW will not be accepting ANY invitations. A team must place in the competition to move on.
In addition to the registration fee and the fundraiser, there are some further cheerleading expenses you should be aware of. These items are required and average approximately $100. Included below is an estimate of costs not covered in your registration fee. This is just an estimate and the actual amount may vary. We will provide futher information on where to purchase as we get into the season
Sneakers $60 – You are not required to purchase sneakers every year if your child maintains the same size and keeps them in excellent condition however we generally change sneaker types every two-three years or as better shoes become available.
Competition Bow $5-15
Boyshorts (these go under our skirts and are required) $20
We will also be instituting our attendance policy
Due to the nature of the sport, a practice missed by one cheerleader has a significant impact on the squad, particularly on that cheerleader's stunt group, who are unable to stunt without every member present. It also takes away from others when a coach has to step out during practice and teach what was missed. Cheerleading is a unique sport in which each athlete's safety is dependent upon teamwork, trust and responsibility of the whole squad.
As a result, attendance at all practices and games is mandatory. Please make an effort to schedule your family vacations during June and July. August is a critical month where skill sets are being evaluated and positions determined.
Attendance Policy (applies to all levels, A through F):
1. All absences are unexcused unless cleared with the Head Coach PRIOR to the game/practice for reasons of illness/injury (which may require a doctor’s note to resume practice), required school function, or religious event. Arriving more than 15 minutes late or departing more than 15 minutes early from a practice is considered an absence.
2. ALL cheerleaders must arrive to a game no later than 45 minutes prior to scheduled start time for check-in. Cheerleaders who arrive after this time but prior to final check-in must sit out the first quarter. Final check in will take place 5-10 minutes prior to scheduled game start time. Cheerleaders who are not present for final check-in are declared INELIGIBLE to participate in that game, but must remain in uniform in the stands to support their squad.
3. Head Coaches will expalin the attendance policy to the cheerleaders and families of their squad at the beginning of the season. The policy will be consistently applied to all cheerleaders.
4. A cheerleader that has one or more excused or unexcused absence during the week must sit in full uniform on the sideline during a portion of or the entire game depending on the number of practices missed, consistent with their squad’s attendance policy.
5. More than 3 absences during the season may lead to a change in position within the competition routine so as not to adversely affect the rest of the squad. More than 5 absences (excused or unexcused) may make the participant ineligible for competition. After 5 absences, the Head Coach may refer players to the Board for potential removal from the squad.
6. Practice days, times and locations will be based on coach and field/gym availability and WILL change during the season.