Troy Baseball Philosophy
COLTS BASEBALL PHILOSOPHY
Four definate factors that we look for in a ball player are:
We believe in "hustle" all the time as this is the only way to play the game. Hustle in drills and practices, and you will naturally hustle in games.
Conditioning is as big a factor in baseball as it is in other sports. We firmly believe that the condition athlete is the "heads up" athlete.
"Dedication" involves many things. We are striving for perfection and this is the ultimate goal. There is no short cut for success. The dedicated athlete is:
1. The player who "goes to class every day" and does not cut classes;
he also believes in education as well as athletics.
2. The player who understands "humility".
3. The player who understands "loyalty" to his teammates and coach.
4. The player who believes in the "training rules".
5. The player who does not criticize others for his shortcomings.
Sacrifice also refers to obligation. You have only three obligations once you become a member of the Troy Colts Baseball Program.
1. First and foremost to your family
2. To your school and your school work.
3. To your team: to maintain good morale you must put the teams interest
before your own individual interest.