BYS Azzurri Storm was formed in 1980's and is a non-profit 501 c 3 youth sports organization
BYS Azzurri Storm is a non-profit soccer organization. Our aim is to provide an environment where young soccer players from all backgrounds are guided and inspired to reach their full potential both on and off the field.
Every decision we make and every initiative we take is guided and based entirely upon the well being and benefit of our players.
To be widely regarded as South West Florida’s premier youth soccer club.
BYS Azzurri Storm is committed to providing the community with a model of quality youth development, education, and inspiration through the sport of soccer.
· To provide quality coaching that engages, challenges and inspires young athletes, regardless of previous experience, to reach their highest level in the sport of soccer
· To provide the best possible facilities where talented young soccer players can access coaching and development that allows them to enjoy the sport, to mature and reach their full potentials
· To fulfill civic responsibility by actively participating in community partnerships and activities
· To provide an environment where young soccer players build character through the development of important life skills such as time management, responsibility, resilience, sportsmanship, work ethic and teamwork
· To provide an environment where open honest communication between staff, players and parents is encouraged in accordance with the FYSA full code of ethics
· To provide a structure and environment where winning is important but player development is paramount
· To provide our membership with a high level of quality management within the club itself
· To create an environment that facilitates the overall growth of the sport of soccer within the United States inline with the US Soccer Association Guidelines adhering to coaching curriculum that is aligned from the National Team to the Youth level
US Soccer Player Development Initiatives
Why are these changes being made?
The current landscape is inconsistent and not as successful as it could be when it comes to player development. Through these initiatives, U.S. Soccer aims to develop players with more individual skill, intelligence, creativity and confidence. These changes also provide a consistent approach across the country while challenging the status quo of our soccer landscape by focusing on the development of the individual versus the success of a team. Parents can also have a better understanding of exactly what they should expect from a soccer program for their children.
Are these changes aligned with the U.S. Soccer Development Academy?
Yes. These initiatives align the entire youth player development environment with the proven approach and success of the Development Academy program. Clubs, coaches and parents who are in programs external to the Development Academy are encouraged to incorporate these philosophies of player development. These initiatives fully support the existing technical framework of the Development Academy, which serves as the model for development across the country.
How do these changes affect the current soccer landscape?
U.S. Soccer recommends putting these initiatives into place as a best practice beginning in August of 2016, as they will be mandated in August of 2017. This provides organizations two full years from the announcement in August 2015 to plan on how to best implement the initiatives in the future. Please contact your local soccer leaders for more information on how they plan on implementing these changes.
Who is required to follow these initiatives?
All of U.S. Soccer’s membership is required to put these initiatives into place no later than August of 2017. This includes, but is not limited to, all youth members and their respective competitions: State Associations, US Youth Soccer, US Club Soccer, AYSO, SAY, etc.