Welcome to Jr. Cougar Cheer!
Registration is now closed for all grades.
Important Dates for the 2013 Season
- 4th/5th Grade: July 22nd - 25th @ CHS, 9 am - 1 pm
- 6th/7th/8th Grade:
- Halftime Camp @ Stingrays: July 23rd - 25th: 9 am - 3 pm
- Sideline Camp @ CHS: July 29th - 31st: 9 am - 1 pm
**Sideline practices begin August 13 as the first football scrimmage will be held on Saturday, August 17
Other Important Dates:
Varsity Team @ the Corky Kell Classic - GA Dome - August 24th (9 am vs Kell High School)
- Jr. Cougar Night - CHS - August 30th
- Taste of Johns Creek - CHS - October 6th
- Pink Out Breast Cancer Awareness Day - CHS - (Planned for) October 19th
Practice Days/Times - beginning 8/13!
(Held at Stingrays Allstars Gym in Johns Creek)
8th Grade - Wednesdays 4:30-6:00
7th Grade - Wednesdays 4:30-6:00
6th Grade - Wednesdays 4:30-6:00
5th Grade - Tuesdays 3:30-5:00
4th Grade - Tuesdays 3:30-5:00
Competition - Tuesdays and Thursdays 5:30-7:00
Some photos from our 2012 Jr. Cougar Cheer sideline season
The initial registration of $260 included: program costs, a t-shirt, cheer bow, one week summer camp at CHS, end of season banquet, and end of season gift.
Additional costs will be incurred as follows:
- Stingrays summer camp (6th - 8th grade only): Coaches will teach the girls their half time dance and stunt routine. Attendance is mandatory. $125 payable to Stingrays prior to camp dates.
- Weekly practices at Stingrays (all grades): Begining in August, all girls will be required to attend 1 1/2 hr practices at Stingrays. Cost is $45 per month payable to Stingrays prior to the 1st of each month.
Jr. Cougar Cheer Program is a volunteer run organization, comprised of all parent volunteers. We are always looking for additional assistance. If you have a special skill or talent, are looking for a way to learn more about cheerleading, want to meet new people, want to get involved with your daughter's activities, or simply have some extra time to assist, please let us know!
We have many ways to get involved. Please let us know if you can help by contacting a board member.
- Elementary School or Middle School Liaison - assist in promoting and generating excitement
- Community Public Relations - assist with press releases to local community publications in Johns Creek/Alpharetta area
- Event Coordinator(s) - assist in organizing any of the following planned activities for the year:
- Jr. Cougar Night
- Taste of Johns Creek ticket sales
- Picture Day
- End of Year Banquet
- Snack bowls at home games for visiting cheerleaders
- On site Camp supervision
- Photographer - take pictures or videos at games and practices!
2013 Jr. Cougar Cheerleading Executive Board
The 2013 Jr. Cougar Cheer Board Committee is comprised of:
8th Grade Team Manager - Lisa Fugate, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jr. Cougar Cheer Program Purpose:
- To support the Jr. Cougar football players, coaches and families by creating a spirited atmosphere and foster a positive community during the football season.
- To provide a fun, energizing and safe environment that fosters friendships, teamwork and collaboration.
- To introduce the sport of cheerleading as a way to develop athletes for those who choose to compete in the competitive cheer arena.
Thank you for your continued support of the Jr. Cougar Program!
||Chattahoochee Jr. Cougar Football Club