Welcome to the Pack 7361 webpage. "DO YOUR BEST."
Come back often as information will be posted as soon as it is available.
Web hits since Oct 3, 2011:
Tuesday March 4, 2014 - Pack Meeting - 6:30 p.m. at the School Auditorium
Saturday, March 8, 2014 - University of Scouting at Jeff Sate Community College
The cost is $15 until February 21st, 2014; $20 after February 21st. Lunch may be purchased for $6 as part of the registration until February 21st.
Click here for more information.
Directions from Huntsville can be found here.
Address: Jefferson State Community College, 2601 Carson Road, Birmingham, AL
View Larger Map
Tuesday March 11 , 2014 - Committee Meeting - 6:30 p.m. - Parents are welcome to attend.
Sunday March 16, 2014 - Ice Skating - 1-4 p.m.
(Event date correction made 3/5/14)
Friday, March 21, 2014 - Religious Emblem projects must be turned-in.
Religious Emblem projects/books need to be completed and turned-in to the school office. Please, remember to mark the envelope for Pack 361 CubMaster.
Tuesday April 1, 2014 - Pack Meeting - 6:30 p.m. at the School Auditorium
Saturday April 5, 2014 - Camp Packout
Tuesday April 8 , 2014 - Committee Meeting - 5:30 p.m. - Parents are welcome to attend.
Calendar planning for the next year. Heads-up - this meeting will take longer than usual. Bring ideas of what we can do as a Pack.
Saturday May 3, 2014 - Rocket Rally - WBC South - 2 p.m.
Tuesday May 6, 2014 - Pack Meeting - 6:30 p.m. at the School Auditorium
Tuesday May 13 , 2014 - Committee Meeting - 6:30 p.m. - Parents are welcome to attend.
Saturday May 31, 2014 - USS Alabama Battleship Trip
All Scouts & families are welcome to plan to to the USS Alabama Battleship in Mobile on May 31, 2014. Each Scout, who participated in Popcorn Sales 2013 year, is eligible to have 1 Scout + 1 Adult trip admission paid for by the Pack. Additional adults & siblings attending would be $45-50 each, with money due by April Pack Meeting.
No coed facilities are available. All facilities will be shared by several groups. It is required that only male chaperones accompany boy groups, no exceptions.
Lodging Options for those not staying on the Battleship
Battleship Inn Resort - The discounted rate will be $89 per night for 1 adult or $99 per night for 2 adults.
Residence Inn - $159 per night
Mobile is about 360 miles away or 720 round trip. If you will be driving, cost will be approximately $126 in gas at $3.15 per gallon with a vehicle that gets 22 MPG.
The trip itenerary is as follows:
Saturday, May 31, 2014 - Leave at 7:30am for Mobile; arrive in Mobile between 3:30-4:30pm.
Tour of Battleship, dinner (pizza), spend overnight on battleship.
Details regarding activities to be e-mailed and posted here at later date.
Sunday, June 1, 2014 - Leave by 8:30am, to return to Huntsville.
We need to get a head count, now, on who is interested in attending the USS Alabama Pack event. We are attempting to leave and return as a group, so it is vital to retrieve a head count now. Please, e-mail Mrs. Williams at email@example.com by no later than Sunday, February 9, 2014 with the following information:
- # Scouts
- # Adults
- # Siblings attending from your family
This is a trip that our Cub Scouts worked hard to earn. We want to celebrate their achievement & hard work by a trip the Pack hasn't gone on before! Please reply to Mrs. Williams so that necessary reservations and preparations for the trip can be made. Thank you.
Saturday June 9, 2014 - Registration is due for WEBELOS Resident Camp
June 17-21, 2014 - Cub Scout Day Camp (8 a.m.-2 p.m.) and WEBELOS Camp (3-9 p.m.)
Links, Forms, and Other Important Information Resources
- Boys Scouts of America Website.
- Cubmaster.org - Lots of handy tips and tools for Cubmasters and other Pack Leaders.
- How To Protect Your Children from Child Abuse – English - Español
- Information regarding Youth Protection
- Greater Alabama Council Boy Scouts of America - Cub Scouts Website.
- Medical form. It is important to fill this out and submit to the Den Leader at least once a year.
- Online resource for Scout Parents
- Pack Committee Resources link
- Scouting Magazine link
- Scouting Program Fact Sheet.
- Talakto On-line Registration System (TORS) – used to register for classes held in the District
- Talakto District Website- Local Scout District - Huntsville, Al.
- The online version of the Guide to Safe Scouting
- Tiger to Bear Uniform Inspection Sheet - Patch placement is explained.
- Has it been a while since you’ve been camping or you’ve never been camping? Check out this list.
- Contents of the leather crafts bucket.
- The Scout Shop
- Internet Advancement and Internet Rechartering site.
Past Events Info and Pictures
September 22 and 23, 2012 - Camping at Joe Wheeler State Park pictures.
November 17, 2012 - Raingutter Regatta pictures.
December 1, 2012 - Flag Retirement Ceremony pictures.
December 4, 2012 -Pack meeting and Reindeer Race pictures .
December 14, 2012 - Caroling pictures.
January 8, 2013 - Pack meeting pictures.
January 19, 2013 - Adventure Science Center pictures.
January 20, 2013 - Pack members attend mass at St. Mary of the Seven Sorrows in Nashville, TN.
March 10, 2013 - Blue and Gold Banquet pictures.
April 2, 2013 - Pack Meeting pictures.
April 13-14, 2013 - Cumberland Caverns pictures.
May 5, 2013 - Scouts Honors Mass pictures.
July 21-24, 2013 - WEBELOS Resident Camp pictures.
Sep 21-22, 2013 - WEBELOS2 Camping with the Troop 361 Scouts.
October 1, 2013 - Pack Meeting pictures.
October 2013 - Cub Haunted pictures.
November 5, 2013 - Pack Meeting pictures.
November 11, 2013 - Veterans Day Parade pictures.
November 23, 2013 - Raingutter Regatta pictures.
December 3, 2013 - Reindeer Races pictures.
December 13, 2013 - Spreading Christmas Cheer Caroling pictures.
January 12, 2014 - Pinewood Derby pictures.
January 12, 2014 - Pinewood Derby rules pages 1, 2, and 3.
January 12, 2014 - Pinewood Derby rules for Outlaws pages 1, 2, and 3.
February 21, 2014 - Blue & Gold pictures - coming soon
February 22-23, 2014 - Sleepp In the Deep at the Tennessee Aquarium pictures - coming soon
Nice to Know
· If you are able to send/receive e-mail messages with your phone using your gmail account and check your Google calendar, you can receive reminders regarding Pack activities on your phone. Go to Google calendars, under "My calendars" select Pack361. As an added bonus, under "other calendars" you can select "Christian Holidays”.
· The shortcut to the Pack 361 web page - tinyurl.com/Pack361.
· Where is the Scout Shop?
Address: Huntsville Scout Shop #5811
2211 Drake Ave
Huntsville, AL 35805
Phone: 256-880-1488 | Fax:256-880-1490
When information for events becomes available, it will be posted here.
Boy Scout Troop 361